What did you do to your mustang today

Texted Jeff, Cocagne as well.
Managed to get mine into St George with help from Max, thanks Max.

Found out the real reason from the owner of why the storage was full so early, and it had nothing to do with fuel prices or influx from Ontario. He lost access to a 60,000 sq ft warehouse that they normally have, Irving rented it. So basically the space available massively decreased.

So did anyone take advantage of Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales to get some goodies for their cars?

I got a few things for the Shelby.

Since we like pictures on here, I attach a screen shot of the items.

Ford Performance washable-reusable air filter, by Airaid.

48EBECF8-0688-4D81-9A02-DDC7F2AD1823.png

Ford Performance tie down hooks. Factory equipment on the Cobra Jet.
Because there’s no place to hook on to under this car with all the shielding and aero gear.

9EB7058E-14A2-4BE8-AAA0-A0ADA2CF353E.png

J&L passenger side catch can.

F2045781-AA80-4AC2-8331-0E2501115601.png

Maximum Motorsports caster-camber plates.

D3B134F2-1813-4779-84F7-FFE2634EA60D.png

Last edited:
Got some time yesterday so got the project started.
Cleaned up the new driveshaft and gave it a coat of clear IMG_1543.JPG

If you notice this shaft can't be reversed as received ( Marks header comments - burnt boot ) This shaft has a 4 bolt flange on one end and a 6 bolt for the differential end making it a bolt in piece- no adapters required. I expect you could change the flanges end for end if required but out of the box its a rubber forward install.
I have no long tube headers so no worry for me.

The Ford Racing shaft is actually made by Dana Spicer IMG_1544 (2).JPG

Got the car in the air
IMG_1546.JPG

Not very clean under here but no rust other than that driveshaft!
IMG_1549.JPG

Checked the weights Old shaft was 39.1 lbs
IMG_1552.JPG
New one was 19.6 according to the luggage scales

IMG_1553 (2).JPG

Side by side comparison

IMG_1554.JPG

If you tackle this job be sure to clean the bolt threads on the diff flange. two of the new bolts go in deeper into the flange threads than the originals did. The threads have to be clean all the way through. It's a good idea to get rid of any old Loctite as well in the holes. Its all back together now.
I know most of you will cringe now when I mention undercoating. Yes its messy under the car but my choice. Some of the undercoating was getting dried out so it got a Rust Check spray can renewal and is sitting to drip now. I'm sure another project for the Mustang will come along soon.

In 2020 I replaced the 9 year old Napa Legend Battery in the BULLITT with another Napa Legend.

Fast forward to last Spring when I got car out of Storage, it wasn’t holding a charge so I removed it and Napa Tested it and it had a Dead Cell so they replaced it as it was Guaranteed for 5 years.

When it is Stored, battery is disconnected.

Since I picked it up last weekend I charged it twice, drove an hour yesterday and when I tried starting it this morning, nothing so I pulled battery and Napa replaced it.

I’m installing a Battery Tender and will leave it on trickle charge when in Storage.

Next Battery Purchased will be a Magna Charge cause the only thing Legendary about the NAPA Legend is Unreliability 👎🏿

4E9ED2C2-38DE-4629-BEA1-B7CD7FE73AA9.jpeg

In 2020 I replaced the 9 year old Napa Legend Battery in the BULLITT with another Napa Legend.

Fast forward to last Spring when I got car out of Storage, it wasn’t holding a charge so I removed it and Napa Tested it and it had a Dead Cell so they replaced it as it was Guaranteed for 5 years.

When it is Stored, battery is disconnected.

Since I picked it up last weekend I charged it twice, drove an hour yesterday and when I tried starting it this morning, nothing so I pulled battery and Napa replaced it.

I’m installing a Battery Tender and will leave it on trickle charge when in Storage.

Next Battery Purchased will be a Magna Charge cause the only thing Legendary about the NAPA Legend is Unreliability 👎🏿

View attachment 63899
New battery up to 100% on Charger 👍

Going in Car tomorrow.

After a run to Moncton last week and a trip to Sydney this week the mustang got a well deserved bath tonight.
Still needs water taken off but the 2 year old ceramic spray wax is still beading !

I took the photo from a distance, not a bad 20 footer for 260,000 kms. In close she has the rock chips to prove the roads driven.E9E5F324-77EE-45AD-BAB8-6D2AF33F5052.jpeg

After a run to Moncton last week and a trip to Sydney this week the mustang got a well deserved bath tonight.
Still needs water taken off but the 2 year old ceramic spray wax is still beading !

I took the photo from a distance, not a bad 20 footer for 260,000 kms. In close she has the rock chips to prove the roads driven.View attachment 63910
Looking good Gerry!!

I’ve always replaced with Ford batteries and completely satisfied.
They last as long as the originals.
Probably because they “Are” the same.

It’s nice that they warranty at discount places but when it’s every two years or less, that would get annoying real quick for me.

Battery charger-reconditioner for 24 hour periods once a month when in storage.

Back