What did you do to your mustang today

Replaced headlights. Quick and easy swap and new headlights are reasonably priced. Decided to change from the black backing to chrome. Old headlights looked good from a distance, but had some hazing around the edges. Much easier headlight install than the MR2 - bumper and a pile of clips have to be removed to change an MR2 headlight.IMG_7084.JPGIMG_7086.JPGIMG_7095.JPG

Replaced headlights. Quick and easy swap and new headlights are reasonably priced. Decided to change from the black backing to chrome. Old headlights looked good from a distance, but had some hazing around the edges. Much easier headlight install than the MR2 - bumper and a pile of clips have to be removed to change an MR2 headlight.View attachment 58963View attachment 58964View attachment 58965

Looks good.
Back to basics more traditional.
I like it.

Well , I could have the record for the first guy on MM to park his car for the winter this year.

My 2022 season was pretty good, got 4000 km of seat time, which is pretty much on par with last year.

The car has picked up a bit of a whine in the last couple of weeks, but since I'm divorced, I crossed that off the list as a possible cause.

Best descriprion is that it sounds like a power steering pump that's low on fluid, but since the GT350 has an electric power steering pump and the steering is just fine, thats off the list too.

The pitch and volume of the whine is dependent on what rpm the engine is running, so it's most logically something driven off the front of the block.

Could be idler arm or tensioner bearings, alternator bearing, or the A/C compressor.

Standing in front of the car, it sounds like the noise is coming from the left hand (passenger) side, which says A/C compressor to me.

In the spring, it took me two weeks to book in at the dealership for a simple oil change, and another two weeks after that to book in for the new rear tire installation.

I figure it's at going to be at least a week to get in for a diagnosis, then at least another week to get in for repairs, both likely longer due to supply chain issues that have become the new normal after the covid clusterf$#k.

That puts me into mid to late September, and I probably won't get out of there for less than $1000.

I'm also less thrilled about driving back and forth wondering if something is going to grenade.

So screw it, the sound isn't too bad, I'll deal with it in the spring when its back on the road and goes in for the 12 month oil change.

Any suggestions on possible causes are welcome.

that sucks, but sounds like you have it narrowed down
not being in passenger seat helps :ROFLMAO:
I would likely at least get it diagnosed that way you know what it is, what
its going to cost and everything in order for parts. and likely only hour bill to check it out.
just my 2 cents

looks like its filling up fast, Gotta say Fred
best looking car in those pics :)
My Car was moved to Lower Level after I left and by end of today the Location is Full, only space they have left after that is Sussex.

I usually put mine away middle of October and staff told me a lot more cars being put away sooner that later this year.

Increased Insurance and Propane Costs put their Prices up this year to $600 from $500 last year.

Back