What did you do to your mustang today

Had a run in the car Friday to top up with fuel.
Went to MacPhee to get a Ford Racing oil filter, but no luck none in stock.

I have a friend in parts here at Taylor that says I wouldn't believe what parts they usually commonly have that are on back order... For instance don't try to just find air filter for an F-150 lol ....
Thanks to COVID-19, the supply chain is 100% disrupted and still not back to normal.

I have a friend in parts here at Taylor that says I wouldn't believe what parts they usually commonly have that are on back order... For instance don't try to just find air filter for an F-150 lol ....
Thanks to COVID-19, the supply chain is 100% disrupted and still not back to normal.
this seems to be true of most things. Shipping went backwards 30 years
because of Covid as well.

After parking the GT I was doing something in the garage and dropped a bolt which went under the rear of the car. So with my trusty flashlight I went looking and found the bolt. I also found a small patch of fresh oil under the rear differential. Upon further investigation it was determined that my gasket is leaking. It has been about 6 years since my 4:10 change so I was planning on doing this spring anyway. So last week I drained it. New gear oil, friction modifier and gasket maker has Been purchased. Will be takling this job this weekend.4F391F98-F2DD-4EEF-A614-9905A71CEE36.jpegCBAB12A7-0635-41DA-AB7D-1D1205F43546.jpeg

While you are there take the breather out and clean it/ make sure it if free - Pressure build up when oil heats up actually causes most of the rear axle leaks - cover to housing joint - pinion seal or axle seals. !
Instead of my breather, i now have an Oil Catch Can for the differential oil. If you could sneak under my car now, the right side of the axle is absolutely coated with oil, that's what happen when you shake it in an autocross course lol ? :ROFLMAO:
Next spring i'll get back in touch with my mechanic to schedule the installation of my 3.73 and Watts link, i am sure he'll tell me it was missing half of the oil that should have been in there in the first place lol ? Happy I finally put the oil catch can haha.

Back