What did you do to your mustang today

I would say more iconic than Beatle.
Stared in the Italian job movie.
Much better movie than Herby the love bug.
Younger crowd relates to Mini more as well.
My son thinks Mini is cool.
Has no use or affection for Beatle.

I lean towards the Beatle cause that’s what I came home from the Hospital in when I was born in the early 60. My Dad owned 8 of them from his first, the 1956 to to the last one bought new in 1973, that he replaced in 77 with a VW Rabbit. He was a commercial driver in Montreal. When I said Iconic, I wasn’t thinking Hollywood ( the Italian Job) . I will have to google which one sold more, the original Mini or Beatle.

I lean towards the Beatle cause that’s what I came home from the Hospital in when I was born in the early 60. My Dad owned 8 of them from his first, the 1956 to to the last one bought new in 1973, that he replaced in 77 with a VW Rabbit. He was a commercial driver in Montreal. When I said Iconic, I wasn’t thinking Hollywood ( the Italian Job) . I will have to google which one sold more, the original Mini or Beatle.
I'd say the beatle sold many more units over all ? A friend of mine bought a beatle back in high school, had some fun in that gutless Bug..

Ha, no doubt Bug outsold Mini.
Mini never had presence in North America like the Beatle.
Bug was more utilitarian, for the people, budget friendly and indestructible.
I hear stories of my father and his buddies in 50’s and 60’s using those to go hunting.
Apparently you could not get those things
Stuck.
Only Willys jeep could go more places.
Shielded underbelly, it would slide off of obstacles.
I was never exposed to them much.

I guess I could rephrase to say I think Mini is cooler, not more Iconic.
And that would only be my personal view.

E8596055-0793-41A9-A251-95DFB30413F5.jpeg
Got tired of all the paint chips and places where paint had pealed when I removed masking tape while fixing paint damage. When I started sanding a couple of blemishes the paint started coming off in sheets. I decided to strip it right down and start over.

View attachment 38833
Got tired of all the paint chips and places where paint had pealed when I removed masking tape while fixing paint damage. When I started sanding a couple of blemishes the paint started coming off in sheets. I decided to strip it right down and start over.
Still a lot of work ahead of you , my whole family is in the auto body business , and I've done my fair share over the years .. hope it turns out good for you . you get a paint shop to make up some of your paint code rattle cans ?

Damn pushy technology nanny kept displaying the message every time I started the car that the key fob battery was low, so I changed them....... two brand new Energizer CR2025 Lithiums, grabbed a couple extra just in case for next time.

Had to youtube it to remind myself how to take apart the darn thing without using a hammer.

Damn pushy technology nanny kept displaying the message every time I started the car that the key fob battery was low, so I changed them....... two brand new Energizer CR2025 Lithiums, grabbed a couple extra just in case for next time.

Had to youtube it to remind myself how to take apart the darn thing without using a hammer.
mine is starting to say replace battery as well.
have not evwen looked into it yet, arrrrgggg
So your saying don't be around hammers when replacing,
good for me to know lol.

Still a lot of work ahead of you , my whole family is in the auto body business , and I've done my fair share over the years .. hope it turns out good for you . you get a paint shop to make up some of your paint code rattle cans ?
Good article on painting plastic components

The local Napa can make up paint code and custom spray paint. I’m still in the strip old paint mode, what a pain, on the other hand if I shift my Apple Watch to my right hand hand sanding brings my step count way up

Back