What did you do to your mustang today

photo3898.png I know it was just a question of which plate however I echo Fun GT and Ohtobbad with using plugs. Still makes a cleaner front end then the plate being there in my opinion. I have plugs and still prefer the look over heaving a plate on the bumper.

Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this it seems.

Thanks all.
Actually, no I did not really pay much attention to the no plate look.
The two holes are pretty big.
They dominate the look when there is no plate.
On this car, since it’s from an era where front plates were required, I’m kind of resigned to that look.
I’ll have to look st it again with no plate.
I’ve never considered that look.

In back of my mind I also imagine they needed two plates in the 60’s.
This brings me back to the theme of my personalized plate.

My sales guy told me to look the other way when he installed the front plate bracket on my '06 'vert. That always bothered me, theres not really any going back when the bracket is screwed into the front bumper cover. Lesson learned, when I ordered the '16, I explicitly said "Do not install the front plate bracket".

The Craigs licence plate bracket I got for the '16 is one of the best mods ever, no drilling, and you can remove the plate for pics etc.

Mineral Grey;n34212 said:
IMO, I like the no plate option .
some around here just fill the holes and airbrush the patch..or spend a little more and just re paint the whole bumper to also clean up the rock chips ..

Don't have budget for bumper repair now or forecast for next year.
It's all going to the '15.
I guess the true nature of the plate is that I was looking for something quick, easy and inexpensive.
I can put the personalized plate back on at any time and hang the FP plate on the wall.

The 2006 was an NB car before it hit Nova Scotia so it had the two front holes which look terrible on red. So had a couple of plates put on it and didn’t like anything I had laying around. Plugs it was and it looks perfect. The Fall Run was the first time it had been out and about with the plugs installed. Anybody notice??? Hahaha. If someone did I’d be totally impressed.

Canuck121;n34221 said:
The 2006 was an NB car before it hit Nova Scotia so it had the two front holes which look terrible on red. So had a couple of plates put on it and didn’t like anything I had laying around. Plugs it was and it looks perfect. The Fall Run was the first time it had been out and about with the plugs installed. Anybody notice??? Hahaha. If someone did I’d be totally impressed.

Haha nope I never noticed.

Canuck121;n34221 said:

Good job on the front bumper....never noticed!

Canuck121;n34221 said:

Did you paint them to match?
Or were they black?
If painted, where did you get your paint?
Spray would work a lot better than paint brush from touch up paint.
UAP mixes spray paint but they don’t have all combinations.
I’ll have to check if they have my paint code in a spray.

Back