What did you do to your mustang today

Fact of Life in our part of the World. Snow in the Forecast for Friday. The way I look at it, by storing our Prized Mustangs for 6 months each year, they will last us at least twice as long as the ones down South that are driven year round. As ours are Summer only, we all have daily drivers, and drive the Stangs sparingly. Down South, a lot of them end up as Daily Drivers and are put out to Pasture after 10, 15 years.

Well I put car away today, :(
I still need to go clean it and put cover on etc.
Get that done this weekend.
Decided due to possible flurries here and some idiot
salting the roads, to get it into storage.
I rented garage has 3 Mustangs with access by me only
heated to 55 degrees and a bit of room if required.
So good set up :)

07DEECB0-B515-4B5D-8B6A-98F872993A6D.jpeg Today I had some paint mixed and I sprayed two different sizes of pins to see if I can adequately plug the holes on the bumper of my ‘06 to ditch the front plate entirely.
Will try it on car tomorrow and will post results.

Last edited:
thundr;n34869 said:
Same here, put the cover on. Got it up in the air to do some cleaning and general work. Hope to get the parts on that Helimech brought over too.

Looks like I’ve also got some of those Helimech parts to install as well this winter!

Above here I used a razor blade to trim excess plastic around the screw holes from where the front plate was held on my ‘06.
The screws that were on the car when I bought it were pretty big.
One is pictured next to the two different size plugs I painted.
Initially I thought the smaller of the two plugs might be a little small to plug the hole fully.
This is why I painted two different sizes.
When I started on this I quickly concluded the large was way too large a diameter.
The small was going to be the one.
I even had to bore the holes a bit with a drill to get the small pins to go in.
After shaving the excess plastic, I used touch up paint around the holes.
Second photo shows the holes prepped and ready to accept the pins.
The spray paint mix cost $26.00 at UAP NAPA, dealer cost.

Last edited:
Above here you see the finished product.
I’m very pleased with the end result.
From short distance, you can’t tell there was a plate there before.
You have to be close and looking to tell there are plugs there now.
Colour match is right on.
I’m glad several of you suggested I go this route when I asked if the Ford Performance plate looked good.

Back