What did you do to your mustang today

67 AGAIN;n32491 said:
I received these last week.
Not on the car yet but will be soon.
Forgestar. Light weight. Strong.
I think I'll start a thread for that build.

19 X 9.5 front with 265/40/19's and 19 X 11 rear with 305/35/19's

Will be replacing these timid, by comparison, 18 inch hoops.
Which, by the way, will be on the market since I'm doing brakes too.

Good choice with tires too.

2001BlackGTvert;n32505 said:
Nice wheels Marc!! Are those other wheels factory? They look almost black chromish .

The other ones are factory 18 inch wheels.
They are charcoal or anthracite colour with a bit of polished metal on the outermost edges.
I couldn't believe the price on the originals when I priced them yesterday at the dealership.
The originals are $1250.00 a piece retail from Ford.
I won't be able to use them anymore after I do brakes.
They'll be for sale at a very huge discount from retail.

67 AGAIN;n32754 said:
The other ones are factory 18 inch wheels.
They are charcoal or anthracite colour with a bit of polished metal on the outermost edges.
I couldn't believe the price on the originals when I priced them yesterday at the dealership.
The originals are $1250.00 a piece retail from Ford.
I won't be able to use them anymore after I do brakes.
They'll be for sale at a very huge discount from retail.

wow that is some crazy pricing.

Got GT500 brake kit installed today. Thanks for the setup, Bill and thanks to the Mustang Express for getting it to PEI!

20190826_123254.jpg20190826_164348.jpg

Think that's it for mods in 2019!

So far this season:
- BBK longtube headers
- BBK off-road X-pipe
- Barton Industries short throw shifter and two post bracket
- Boss 302S wheels 19x9 front, 19x10 rear
- Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires 255/40/19 front, 285/35/19 rear
- Brembo GT500 front brake kit
- Dyno tune by Performance Dyno
- Ceramic coating by The Wax Shack

It's been a great season so far this year and only 2/3's gone. Some cruising still in the plan before the final wash and cover go on!

pei_guy;n33236 said:
Got GT500 brake kit installed today. Thanks for the setup, Bill and thanks to the Mustang Express for getting it to PEI!

So far this season:
- BBK longtube headers
- BBK off-road X-pipe

It's been a great season so far this year and only 2/3's gone. Some cruising still in the plan before the final wash and cover go on!

Looking really good, car sounds good, Ibet you notice big difference after tune and
then tires and wheels, now you got big stopping power, which is always nice
amazing how quick they get up to speed and you sure notice stock brakes.

Curious how you like them?

Big list, hmmm winter planning, what's next ?

Pedal response is a bit lower than stock but even pressure and balanced stopping. Switched to Motorcraft high performance dot 4 fluid. Drain and 2 flushes before top up.

Regret I didn't do a brake performance test with stock brakes on the track pack app 60-0 & 100-0 mph.

Suspension swap and drop up next. Leaning toward Eibach Pro suspension kit: 1-1/2" drop, adropfront and rear sway bars, shocks & struts; BMR adj. panhard bar and brace, BMR lower control arms, (leaving upper CA's stock), Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates.

time to plan and get some other perspectives from other MM members!

pei_guy;n33236 said:

So far this season:
- BBK longtube headers
- BBK off-road X-pipe

Great stuff Aaron!

pei_guy;n33241 said:
Pedal response is a bit lower than stock but even pressure and balanced stopping. Switched to Motorcraft high performance dot 4 fluid. Drain and 2 flushes before top up.

Regret I didn't do a brake performance test with stock brakes on the track pack app 60-0 & 100-0 mph.

Suspension swap and drop up next. Leaning toward Eibach Pro suspension kit: 1-1/2" drop, adj. front and rear sway bars, shocks & struts; BMR adj. panhard bar and brace, BMR adj. lower control arms, (leaving upper CA's stock), BMR lower control arm re-location brackets, Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates.

time to plan and get some other perspectives from other MM members!

I like all of those options, I might only drop it an inch, really depends on ride you want.
Lower with stiff goodies will perform well, but rougher ride.
It will handle wicked with those mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put 4 new tire on my car , got rid off Pirelli p zero put on Hankook Kinergy pth tires with little higher side walls. With the lower sidewalls on the Pirellies car would follow every crack and rut in the road.With the Hankooks on make the car a pleasure to drive. I should have done it long ago.

New front tires last Friday, previous ones were a little.....um.....worn out. lol

Good maintenance tip to check the whole surface of the tire, not just what you can see of the wear bars from the fender.

Got 30000km out of them though, 8000km more than the rears.

Attachments

• photo3765.png
    photo3765.png
    812.6 KB · Views: 0
SVT4MT;n33295 said:
New front tires last Friday, previous ones were a little.....um.....worn out. lol

Good maintenance tip to check the whole surface of the tire, not just what you can see of the wear bars from the fender.

Looks like you need some setting adjustments.
I have it written down somewhere what I did after a couple of sets
of tires, but wear seems to be even now.
Mind you I get 7-8000km a set if lucky sooo :)

Good point on making sure to check the whole contact patch of the tires, even more so on performance handling variants such as your GT350/350R. Some crazy folks like me put in MORE negative camber to make it hook, but that's a whole other story ;) . The old set of wheels didn't show the negative camber that much ... but these ... reallyyyy apparent hahaha

On another note, i am trying to prepare the update for my build so i cam stop teasing haha. BUT i can tell at least that this run of mods, steering got way tighter and noise ... better (not louder tho!! )

S197CS;n33309 said:
Good point on making sure to check the whole contact patch of the tires, even more so on performance handling variants such as your GT350/350R. Some crazy folks like me put in MORE negative camber to make it hook, but that's a whole other story ;) . The old set of wheels didn't show the negative camber that much ... but these ... reallyyyy apparent hahaha

On another note, i am trying to prepare the update for my build so i cam stop teasing haha. BUT i can tell at least that this run of mods, steering got way tighter and noise ... better (not louder tho!! )

with the caster camber plates I installed, it allowed me to mess with settings.
Ford has recommended, track and street setting in supplement that came with car.
After many track sessions ( including melting a set of front tires)
and street use, I opted for middle ground, so not to have to get
alignment every time I go to track and not ruin tires quickly.

SVT4MT;n33295 said:

When tires worn like that is it caused by toe?

SVT4MT;n33325 said:
Mechanic said negative camber, which makes sense if they're biased toward the inside so they roll out on cornering to maintain maximum contact.

I think the final damage was $600 per side, installed, with taxes, tire fee etc. Big boy toys, big boy prices right? lol

playing is rarely cheap at our age LOL

Back