What did you do to your mustang today

2001BlackGTvert;n32289 said:
Looks really good. Love ceramic finishes. Makes cleaning them much easier. How long did you let it sit before taking it outside?

Car was in detail shop 4 days.... about 20 hours into it over 10 stages, from what I was told. 2 coats of ceramic plus a sealing coat. Didn't get the full breakdown of the complete process.

pei_guy;n32302 said:
Car was in detail shop 4 days.... about 20 hours into it over 10 stages, from what I was told. 2 coats of ceramic plus a sealing coat. Didn't get the full breakdown of the complete process.

Yeah it's a process. Elide and I did mine. About 12 hours I would say. Clay bar, buff, 2 coats of ceramic. Let it sit for 3 days. Not quite as in depth as what you had done but definitely worth it.

Results are well worth the effort.

2001BlackGTvert;n32304 said:
Yeah it's a process. Elide and I did mine. About 12 hours I would say. Clay bar, buff, 2 coats of ceramic. Let it sit for 3 days. Not quite as in depth as what you had done but definitely worth it.

Results are well worth the effort.

I haven't put it under the microscope but it wasn't a show room finish in the first place. The rock chips certainly stand out, tho. Mike is planning on making a trip to the show Sat, so he may be able to answer any questions on process that I didn't ask about, if you get a chance to say hello. He's on Facebook...The Wax Shack.

Well we drive out cars so they are going to get the odd scratch and paint chip. It is what it is. I did mine last year so on my second summer. Will probably look at doing it again next year. Will see.

Looking forward to seeing it on the weekend.

My Car is 18 years old with 134,000 miles on it. It looks great from 5 feet away, but shows it's age up close. Original Paint with the exception of the bumpers and hood scoop that were removed and painted 5,6 years ago.

10 different stages!? jjeezzzz i am curious of what he did to your car for 10 + stages ! Results are stunning but off course coatings like ceramic will show you the less ''glamour'' details like under a microscope. Like Charlie said, we drive them, none of them are showroom perfect now :)

Some how I ended up with several holes in the screen portion of my windscreen. :eek: So I messaged Love the Drive, the manufacturer and quickly they responded that they have a replacement fabric kit and a handy on line video.

Here is the link if you need the fabric
https://www.lovethedrive.com/catalog/Parts/Mesh-Replacement-Kit

and here is the link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfSKz7CTxk

I went to the fabric store and bought a mesh locally to fix for now.
Nice to see good product support.

05 gt 5spd;n32351 said:
Some how I ended up with several holes in the screen portion of my windscreen. :eek: So I messaged Love the Drive, the manufacturer and quickly they responded that they have a replacement fabric kit and a handy on line video.

Here is the link if you need the fabric
https://www.lovethedrive.com/catalog/Parts/Mesh-Replacement-Kit

and here is the link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfSKz7CTxk

I went to the fabric store and bought a mesh locally to fix for now.
Nice to see good product support.

Great to hear, We missed you today.
Hope you got some much needed R&R

I received these last week.
Not on the car yet but will be soon.
Forgestar. Light weight. Strong.
I think I'll start a thread for that build.

IMG_5341[1].JPG

IMG_5339[1].JPG

19 X 9.5 front with 265/40/19's and 19 X 11 rear with 305/35/19's

IMG_5340[1].JPG

Will be replacing these timid, by comparison, 18 inch hoops.
Which, by the way, will be on the market since I'm doing brakes too.

IMG_5335[1].JPG

67 AGAIN;n32491 said:
I received these last week.
Not on the car yet but will be soon.
Forgestar. Light weight. Strong.
I think I'll start a thread for that build.

19 X 9.5 front with 265/40/19's and 19 X 11 rear with 305/35/19's

Mmmmm forgestar.... :rolleyes: they wheremy first wheel choice before the deal i got on the svt. Other design and size i must say. Thanks for making me dream :D

Back