What did you do to your mustang today

Question here: Took car in for inspection and for first time in many years I needed to replace a part......ball joint !!

No problem mechanic ordered one and tried very hard to install it but it just didn't fit right. Called the dealer and they said that we had to replace the whole control arm $$$. So went ahead and did this but when I took car for alignment that new part was defective, now car back home and new part on order !! Friggin' sun is out for first time in weeks.....sucks.

Now just did some research and lots of replacement ball joints out there so why am I being told that I have to replace the whole thing??? Do I really have to replace the whole thing ?????

Fun GT;n5022 said:
Question here: Took car in for inspection and for first time in many years I needed to replace a part......ball joint !!

No problem mechanic ordered one and tried very hard to install it but it just didn't fit right. Called the dealer and they said that we had to replace the whole control arm $$$. So went ahead and did this but when I took car for alignment that new part was defective, now car back home and new part on order !! Friggin' sun is out for first time in weeks.....sucks.

Now just did some research and lots of replacement ball joints out there so why am I being told that I have to replace the whole thing??? Do I really have to replace the whole thing ?????

You don't have to buy the whole arm... it is just pressed in.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GGdGZF_jc

Last edited:
Called him back and informed him of all this. They still had the old control arm so they ordered me a replacement ball joint so now just waiting for his call.

This mechanic is very good and also a friend of mine but he is all about GM's as he was the shop manager at dealer before opening up on his own. Don't think he works much on Mustangs that's all, actually Mustangs rarely go into shops anyway !!!

Friday afternoon got a call saying that one of his son was involved in a Crotch Rocket accident and things were touch and go for some time. Kid was airlifted to Moncton and update is that he will make it but will need some serious repairs......Worst nightmare for Parents.....Gonna be awhile before I get my car back but that don't matter as long as his young fella pulls through that is all that matters here !!!!

Thanks for the Info. guys !!!

Fun GT;n5090 said:
Called him back and informed him of all this. They still had the old control arm so they ordered me a replacement ball joint so now just waiting for his call.

This mechanic is very good and also a friend of mine but he is all about GM's as he was the shop manager at dealer before opening up on his own. Don't think he works much on Mustangs that's all, actually Mustangs rarely go into shops anyway !!!

Friday afternoon got a call saying that one of his son was involved in a Crotch Rocket accident and things were touch and go for some time. Kid was airlifted to Moncton and update is that he will make it but will need some serious repairs......Worst nightmare for Parents.....Gonna be awhile before I get my car back but that don't matter as long as his young fella pulls through that is all that matters here !!!!

Thanks for the Info. guys !!!

Wow, hope the kid is alright, I did this to my parents when I was 18 also.
Puts things into perspective for sure.

Right on both counts. Guy that was supposed to order it in April , got fired (cause he wasn't placing customer orders) so new hire had got go back a few months and order the backlog. And Spec Clutches and Flywheels have all the parts on hand but only build kits once they receive an order. I am hoping that the clutch pedal engagement is lighter on this set up.

Mustang is in the Shop today getting the new clutch and pressure plate installed. I am hoping for a much lighter clutch pedal feel with this one. The one I had in it had a real heavy feel.

Ran into a glitch. The aftermarket clutch and Factory flywheel aren't compatible. The Factory clutch measures 315mm from side to side, the Spec Stage 2 only 290 mm. Spoke to Scott at Steeda Canada. An Aluminum Flywheel to match the clutch is shipping tomorrow, I should have it by Tuesday. An Upgrade for sure and everything in that department will be new. :FordSmile

I can't wait to get this baby next week and get my car back. FedEx picked it up at Steeda this afternoon , my Technician should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Aluminum Flywheel made by Spec. Same out fit that supplied the clutch and pressure plate.

561444368_183-700205.jpg

72209161_spec-stage-2-t45-tr3650-t56-3.jpg

At the same time they will also install these 2 items for me :

Latemodel Restoration Supply Projector Headlights (Black)

SDT-13007S_l.jpg

Outer Door Belt Weatherstrip Kit (94-04 All)

The drivers side is rattling , changing both sides.

Well finally got things sorted out. You can replace the ball joint itself, no problem !!
Car now back on the road and all is great. Just came up from campground for a nice run in town with roof down..............Friggin' thunder showers now..........great !!

Up till yesterday the young fella was still in an induced coma. Apparently his helmet came off during the impact so he broke every friggin' bone in his facial area along with his jaw which was operated on yesterday. Long road ahead !!

I stopped by the Sackville Kinsmen Show this morning to check out the rides, and then I took her for a quick checkup to diagnose a low speed rattle/scraping sound from the rear of the car. It ended up being the right rear TPMS sensor had broke loose from the band inside the wheel. I have a new one on order and it should be in next week. I'm happy it was nothing major.
:FordSmile

Flywheel will be delivered to my Technician tomorrow, I checked with Taylor Ford for their Price on a Replacement Clutch Kit for my 01 BULLITT , for comparison purposes. I paid $550.00 CDN all in for the Spec Stage 2 Kit. The Ford Replacement is $1900.00 Plus tax. Are They Crazy ? Thank God for the Aftermarket ! I always get the Ford price so I can tell the Wife how good a Deal I got at $550.00 compared to $1900 Plus Tax.

Back