What did you do to your mustang today

Glad the cars are done, You needing a wipe down is not something I can help you with LOL.

The Service Engine Light did not come back on all weekend , burned a half tank of gas. Car back in Shop for Follow up yesterday. Technician could not find anything in History for that 02 Sensor Code that was cleared last week. So if it ain't broke , don't fix it. :FordSmile

When I moved the BULLITT a few days ago after it had been parked in same spot for over 2 weeks , I found a power steering fluid stain on pavement. Fluid level down and fluid is darker than it should be. Will get the rubber hoses changed and the fluid changed this Thursday. It is probably the Factory Fluid as I haven't changed it since I got the car.

This may come as a shock to many of you but after careful consideration I've decided to return Shelby to the stock engine setup of 500 hp versus my current 770 hp. I plan to do the re-conversion sometime after the PEI trip. I'll still be retaining all other suspension, cooling, braking and driveline up-grades. If the urge to modify hits me again I'll limit it to a pulley swap and tune, no more than 600 - 650 hp.

A couple of reasons. Because the hp and torque is so extreme the tune has to run fairly rich, as a consequence I find that I keep fouling the spark plugs (three times in about 2 years). With that much power I'm always nervous of doing something foolish which is very easy to do. I have to consciously remind myself of which set of tires I'm running on (a set sticky DR's (00 wear rating) for fun close to home in good weather or a set of hard (500 wear rated) for long distance/ rain/light snow) which have very different traction/handling abilities. I can't find a set of mufflers that sound good with the LT headers and high-flow cats and dearly miss the sound of my old KR's on stock cats and exhaust manifolds. I also question the long term effect of so much power on my engine/drivetrain/chassis even though I don't use the power all that much. Which begs the question why do I need that much power in the first. I believe it was Thunder who said something to the affect that getting to learn how to handle what you've got is better then outright power.

In short, it's just a little too much for me. Some may say I'm wimping out or getting old (which is true). I've had my fun and I've got the dyno sheet to prove it, in the words of Clint Eastwood in on of his films "A man's got to know his limitations" I've reached and exceeded mine now it's time to clam it down.

There are other reasons but the one I've stated above are the major ones.

Again if I should decide to go for more power, a simple CA intake, pulley and tune on my stock blower will suffice.

I've yet to decide what I'll do the parts I take off, I'll worry about that in the future.

Last edited:
Make a lot of sense, 500 is still nothing to sneeze at. You need to be paying attention. Bragging rights with high Hp are only that. We are all good at bench racing.
Another Clint Eastwood saying when he turned 89 " I wish I was seventy again". It's all relative.
The build back to stack will not be as exciting as the build up, But we will still expect updates and the road back.

Well it sure sounds like you have given it lots of thought. I can understand were your thinking is coming from for sure. I can see you wanting to make your car safer to run as well as we all want dependable power without breaking anything while were at it. But what is the good of having so much horsepower and not have the spot or outlet to use it. I am sure you will still enjoy it no matter what route you take.

We all get a little wiser as we get older. Good move on your part. The Car will be fast enough with 500 HP. And handle like a Go Cart. No more changing tires and rims every time you want to take a little trip.

TrueBlue02058;n6873 said:
When I moved the BULLITT a few days ago after it had been parked in same spot for over 2 weeks , I found a power steering fluid stain on pavement. Fluid level down and fluid is darker than it should be. Will get the rubber hoses changed and the fluid changed this Thursday. It is probably the Factory Fluid as I haven't changed it since I got the car.

My Technician checked the Car today. Saw the wet hose and cleaned everything up. He let it idle a half hour and everything was dry. I'll keep an eye on it and have the fluid changed before the Fall run. It was a slow leak as I only had to add a little last summer and a little last weekend.

Interesting conversation, but I tend to agree. that much HP becomes a limited use car.
Not something for long trips etc.
My new car is intoxicating and I have no desire to add HP.
526 is only about 26 more than my last one, its more than enough.
Only Mods I see doing are Camber plates and oil separators.
Nothing else interests me at this point.

I ran into the fellow that had tried to get your 350R today Trevor. He ended up buying a 350. He loves it. Said he has never owned a Car that handles so well. He has owned a Boss 302 and 4 different GT500's since 2007 . He doesn't get to drive it much though. Has only put a little less than 300 kilometers on it so far.

Is this the fellow from Kedgwick / St-Quentin area Fred ??? This guy tried very hard to get it before Trevor but couldn't land the deal.

Anyways I thought this guy had finally got one of the R's as I have been crossing one here and there around home lately, solid red with no stripes which I was told was owed by this fella in Kedgwick / St-Quentin area. But how wrong could I have been as I ran into an old acquaintance of mine last week and of course being two Mustang freaks we began talking about that red R seen in the area and after a long discussion regarding Shelby's this old friend of mine was quite happy to inform me that he was indeed the one who had this one. So he took me out to his garage to show it to me and well let's just say that it is not all what he has up there and man did it ever turn out to be quite the visit (a real lesson in Shelby history, photos and memorabilia) along with an awesome collection of Shelby's, some I knew he had but many I had no clue about whatsoever..........wow !! And we are not even going to talk about that new Focus RS that was sitting in the entrance of his man cave !! Just a dream collection !!!!!!!!!! What a treat !!

Back