OH2BFOX ( 1990 Lx Foxbody build)

Will be tight, but should be ok, fuel cell is smaller than orignal tank.
but everything will be tight.
View attachment 42064
Cool picture. Explains quite a few things about the grip package. The 4 link of the fox body becomes a 2 link with the upper 2 links being eliminated by the use of a torque arm and a pan hard bar. The angle of the lower links means you still have to use a 4 link rear axle. The sway bar and lower control arms in this picture are not the sway bar and lower control arms shown in the grip package. The question now being does the sway bar mount ahead or behind the axle in regards to the fuel cell. I would assume it mounts behind the axle and may restrict room for the fuel cell.

You could be right and I might be wise to wait on install of fuel cell
until after the suspension is done, ( this was not original plan)
It would not affect the over all build by much and would not cause delays.
waiting just means one more trip about 1km down the road is where my weld
shop is, so not a big problem.

tools required to remove interior. and some of the mess, full shop vac full of stuff from
under rear seats and head liner. bit of crap under carpet.
633F7A48-F7C3-40C0-BC8E-085774E6189D.jpeg
The amount of crap that came out out of head liner, light holders etc was scary.
Note to folks with older car, may be a good winter project to take down, clean and re-install.
Also removing back seat and cleaning under very easy chore.
I did find about $3.00 so far lol
CFD41603-C3A2-4EDD-B28F-7636B3FD07F1.jpeg

I have not removed dash yet, not sure if I wanna do now or later,
but with wiring, make sense to do at some point.
ALso going to change heater core, while easy to get at,
don't think any issues, but car is 30 years old, rather do while all
apart, than we all put back together, they run around $120.00 so make sense to do.

Next is lights, badging and arranging a glass guy to come remove glass.
alot of little stuff to go yet. then jack up and start on bigger stuff :)

What's taking so long , the boys on Roadkill would have the engine swapped in an afternoon in a parking lot..lol.
Awesome progress though.. after everything is done and the car is ready, you will have alot of appreciation for what you have accomplished.

What's taking so long , the boys on Roadkill would have the engine swapped in an afternoon in a parking lot..lol.
Awesome progress though.. after everything is done and the car is ready, you will have alot of appreciation for what you have accomplished.
Onlything slowing me down is time and money :LOL:
If you would like to donate to project, I am certain it
would speed things up :p

Back