My 1972 F250 project

Some progress - some set backs.
On the + side. Tires that were ordered last week (Firestone Destimation MT/2 ) came in today. I delivered the newly painted rims for tire installation this afternoon. Should be pictures tomorrow if all goes well.
On the minus side , a top rad hose seems to be an major scavenger hunt - I’ve have 4 so far - one close but not right . I might have to call in Elmer Fudd for the hunt !

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a bit more progress this week. Got 2 of the tires on the truck - they look good - slightly larger than originals but not too much

New vs Old ones

IMG_0881.JPG

One of 2 installed -needed to get new wheel nuts so chrome it was ( Parts store version of Mustang wheel nuts )

IMG_0885.JPG

Last edited:
Messy day so off to the garage - Finally got the electric fan and the top rad hose.

Built a frame to mount the fan to the rad

IMG_0921.JPG

Got it Positioned and bolted in place

IMG_0928.JPG

Even found some Ford blue wire ties to hold the fan wiring
Got the coolant hoses installed and had it fired up this evening - Good to hear it run again !

Next Project - to wire up the automatic fan controls

The electric fan plans have hit a snag - The draw of the fans is too much for the 49 year old- 50 amp alt. Looks like a conversion to the 130 amp 3G alt will be in the works along with some beefed up wiring. Back to the direct drive fan for now and start collecting more parts!

Back