My 1972 F250 project

05 gt 5spd

On the road again
Time for a little more work-with the new tires giving a smoother ride I found a couple of previously unfelt vibrations when traveling at 50+ mph . Time for 2 u joints on the rearmost drive shaft ( one of the three). After two attempts we got the correct parts and that vibration is gone - now good to travel at 60mph - except for the gas !

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Time for a little more work-with the new tires giving a smoother ride I found a couple of previously unfelt vibrations when traveling at 50+ mph . Time for 2 u joints on the rearmost drive shaft ( one of the three). After two attempts we got the correct parts and that vibration is gone - now good to travel at 60mph - except for the gas !
Awesome news!! Sometimes you have to be able to go over 60. Lol

05 gt 5spd

On the road again
After the road test and warm up I gave the old beast it’s yearly oil change and found another project. The right hand exhaust manifold was leaking at the front cylinder. A look through the parts box that Dad had supplied provided a new gasket. Many thanks to Dad for using anti seize many years ago as all 8 bolts holding the manifold to the head came out as well as the crossover bolts. A quick clean up of the manifold and head surfaces - new manifold gasket and a trip to NAPA for a crossover pipe donut and It’s back together again.