Mustang Trivia.

I was going to say the fake hood scoop which appeared 01+, but am guessing the Cobra did not get that?

Max you answered your own question, Guess that makes you the winner.
so now you need to post another one :)

This is fun. I never checked this post before.
I see a break in the action. If you don't mind, I'll jump in and keep it going with a new question.
What was the name of the first driver to pilot a Boss 302 to a Trans Am championship?
Bonus point for the year.
Maybe to even the playing field, Thundr, Hellimech and Ohtobbad should not be allowed to play this one.
You guys answer the number on the car and the year?

No takers? Here's a few hints.
The Boss Mustang in question was school bus yellow.
The driver in question has a son that was a modern day road course racer.
The name of the son is 2 initials which are the initials from his father's given name and surname.
These initials are "PJ".

would this modern Saleen replica car be named after him?
91105_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Any more hints and you might as well just tell folks.
It was easy to begin with, now its just funny :)

It is getting funny with so many people apparently knowing the answer but not giving it.
Reading it now, I guess I was liberal with my second hint.
I plead ignorance about the car name.

Last edited:
You're right. 1970 was the year, after Chevrolet won in 69 and 68 with their Penske, stripped down Z28 Camaro and driver-engineer Mark Donohue.
Your turn for a new question.

Mcdavis, about the same, as the saying goes "mods giveth and taketh away". Aftermarket brakes, drive shaft and various aluminium suspension components shaved about 50 to 60 lbs. But mods such as larger capacity cooling components (Radiator, Heat Exchanger and coolant tanks) as well as supplemental bracing and safety equipment added some weight. However the biggest weight increase came from converting the passenger side manual seat to power unit.

We all like our V8 roar -V8 power has long been a Mustang hallmark. What was the one year that a V8 was not offered or available on the Mustang?

Close Mineral Grey. I believe the only year a V-8 was not offered was 1974, the first year of the Mustang II design which ran '74 to '78.
For 1974, they offered a 2.3 Litre four cylinder rated at 83 hp, and a 2.8 Litre V-6 rated at a whopping 105 hp.

Back