Mustang Trivia.

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Well the dog days of winter are soon upon us, so we need every bit of help to get us through till spring.
This trivia is simple in design, I will ask the first question, the person who answers correctly ( first)
Has to ask the next mustang question. Really want a challenge, don't use google :)
Rely on your own knowledge and memory ( that in itself could be interesting) LOL.

1st question. When and where was the first Mustang seen and released for sale?

The Mustang with serial number 1 was sold to an EPA pilot in Newfoundland, the first one sold was sold to a woman in the states who swy one arrive early at a dealer and convinced him to sell it to her before they officially went on sale. I don't recall the details with out a google

You are right, Mustang number 1 was sold in St. John's and the first one sold was to a lady in the US.

I did not know that.
but the question was, where was it first seen by public and part two, put on sale. Put on sale is a bit of a trick question.

Ok looks like were getting a blank, use google folks, you will have it quick.
then post up your trivia question :)

The first Mustang sold to a retail customer, Ford says, was purchased by Chicago schoolteacher Gail Brown on April 15, 1964, two days before the official on-sale date. Brown, who became Gail Wise when she married her husband, Tom, still owns the car.

Really, Wow, that is interesting as well.
But we still need an answer to when it was shown and released for sale.

It was first unveiled to the World on top of the Empire State Building. They had to dis-assemble it to get it up there, where they re-assembled it.

ford-mustang-empire-state-building-stunt--then-and-now_100463605_l.jpg

mustang-chop-660.jpg

1966-Ford-Mustang-in-elevator-Empire-State-Building.jpg

1966-Ford-Mustang-disassembling-Empire-State-Building.jpg

You are correct, April 17 New York world fair, at the Ford Pavilion.
They went on sale the same day at dealers.
As we all know, it is done very different today.
The unveiling is top secret and cars often can't be order for months after this.

You win, so Post the next Mustang trivia question?

I knew this had happened, but did not know it was the same day.
See I am learning cool Mustang facts every day :)

Didn't even have to google that one. One of the neat things about the MAA run was they arranged a very good dinner with a very interesting speaker who's name escapes me but he had a lot of neat stories about the Mustang and it's development and Mr Shelby

Back