Maritime mini runs.

Two weeks before the fall run but still time for mini runs. Went up to CB Saturday and back Sunday. On the way back decided to go out to the town of Canso for the first (and most likely last) time. Nice place, cool people but very out of the way. Do your road report research first.

On the Bras D'or lake if you take the Number 4 East side highway up to Sydney via St. Peters in Irish Cove there is a small picnic area with a nice overview of the lake.
IrishCove2500.JPG

In Sydney you cannot get next to the big fiddle at the terminal with a car but if you park in the common area lot to the left and do a zoom shot you can get a pretty good picture.
Fiddle2500.JPG

Dropped out to the Glace Bay Miners museum Saturday night. Found a cool shot there also.
GBWheel2500.JPG
As a teenager in the military my first tracked vehicle was the M113 APC. Next to the Mustang most likely the most fun thing I have driven. The thought of mowing over some Honda Civic with the Singer sewing machine engine always crosses my mind when I see one. This is just north of Sydney on the way to Dominion.

FortPetrie2000.JPG

10 minutes outside the town of Guysborough on the way to Canso is a look-off spot which just seemed so nice to stop for a bit. Could have gone in rare and relaxing too I guess. I have another one for that thread from the trip.
LookOff2500.JPG

I did a quick run yesterday after the rain cleared and the roads dried up here.
Sorry no pictures to prove.

Just about 2 hours flat from garage back to garage. No stops.
If done from Grand Falls, would be just under 1.5 hours probably. Stops would extend.
Down to Plaster Rock, then along Tobique river to Perth-Andover and return on old TCH in St-John valley.

Roads are quite nice. Be a nice group run with lots to see. Mountains, rivers, and farmland.
A few nice twisty turns recently paved.
Great driving.

Thanks for sharing your adventure Mike.

Same as Marc I got out Saturday as well as Sunday. Almost burnt a tank of gas so that was fun. Saturday we went to Sussex then the back roads into Cole’s island and back home. Yesterday we left home heading towards Bouctouche. Friends of ours have a cottage on the water in St Marie that they recently built so we went looking. They were home so said stop in. That was at about 2:00 in the afternoon got home at 2:00 in the morning. Needless to say Jen drove home as one beer turned into 2 beer and whisky ? Lol. Had some fun so all good. Spent about 3 hours today cleaning The car as we got caught in the rain. Oh welll. Lol

Two weeks before the fall run but still time for mini runs. Went up to CB Saturday and back Sunday. On the way back decided to go out to the town of Canso for the first (and most likely last) time. Nice place, cool people but very out of the way. Do your road report research first.

On the Bras D'or lake if you take the Number 4 East side highway up to Sydney via St. Peters in Irish Cove there is a small picnic area with a nice overview of the lake.

In Sydney you cannot get next to the big fiddle at the terminal with a car but if you park in the common area lot to the left and do a zoom shot you can get a pretty good picture.

Dropped out to the Glace Bay Miners museum Saturday night. Found a cool shot there also.

As a teenager in the military my first tracked vehicle was the M113 APC. Next to the Mustang most likely the most fun thing I have driven. The thought of mowing over some Honda Civic with the Singer sewing machine engine always crosses my mind when I see one. This is just north of Sydney on the way to Dominion.

10 minutes outside the town of Guysborough on the way to Canso is a look-off spot which just seemed so nice to stop for a bit. Could have gone in rare and relaxing too I guess. I have another one for that thread from the trip.
Having grown up in Glace Bay, spending the first few years of my working life in Sydney, and having lived in Canso, NS for 4 years (1999-2003), your photos brought back lots of memories. Sounds like a great road trip and thanks for the photos.

Did a solo run along the old route to Fundy Park (Riverview-Hillsborough-Cap Enragé-Alma) then followed by the park itself + the fundy trail to St-Martins, then to St-Jean, end of the road being at New River Beach provincial park & back home on the highway to save a little time.
+/- 560kms, it did great on all accounts.

Did a solo run along the old route to Fundy Park (Riverview-Hillsborough-Cap Enragé-Alma) then followed by the park itself + the fundy trail to St-Martins, then to St-Jean, end of the road being at New River Beach provincial park & back home on the highway to save a little time.
Sounds like a great run Max. Glad to hear she is behaving herself (the stang that is).

Wow that's an awesome run. How was the chip seal on the Fundy trail? I heard it was much better this weekend with very little rocks. When we were there on the run around the Nationals it wasn't pretty.

I hate that so many of you were negatively affected by weather last weekend but it was quite nice up here on Sunday so got out for a bit of a run in the area.

Giant fiddlehead display in Plaster Rock.

5578435A-8EEC-4F1A-9028-4DB4AA70C8AC.jpeg

Arthurette bridge over the Tobique river.

229D9B09-C61D-497C-AC9C-A507CD0545BD.jpeg

Waterfront in Perth, from both sides.

E5CA2853-34ED-46A4-B7B6-F68CED376F7A.jpeg

6C1F7840-85C8-4DAF-9AD8-668E226D062B.jpeg

16A4F871-A51B-433A-96BC-37D03A8B7B4B.jpeg

Old TCH bridge over the Aroostook river.

F6C065B1-2BD5-41F7-AF6B-53BC133CA92E.jpeg

Beautiful day up here yesterday with temps hitting 23 degrees.

So played hooky from work, broke the ‘15 out of the showroom and took it for a spin up to the mouth of the Restigouche river.
Beautiful country up there.
Fall colours are at their peak.

Road a little dusty though because they’re still harvesting potatoes in St-Quentin and lots of pulp chip trucks on the road on weekdays. Way more traffic than weekends.
Even boys in blue.
Met 4 of them.

Probably last drive of the year with that car.
Now have to clean it and put it away.

FC1B5FC5-AAE9-4804-8A72-3973DF73AE37.jpeg

3257897C-4319-4FF3-BE9F-2501771900EC.jpeg

221E9FBA-9A39-469D-BE61-925DB06D0049.jpeg

Out the #14 to Rawdon, down the Beaverbank road to Sackville and off to supper in Cole Harbour. A slow drive home out the Waverley Road and through Fall River as the light was fading made for a nice little drive. Rain shower on the Beaverbank road made the car too dirty for photo’s. Lakes were like mirrors tonight .

Back