Maritime mini runs.

Some will remember this was the location of the Oxford sinkhole.Someone bought the land and the old Lion's club for $10,000,filled in the sinkhole enough to stabilize it and still lets people enjoy the parking lot and lake view.
cool, it was also the site of our first spring run, bit cold and dreary but great spot
Subway, tims and irving across the road.

From the "it's not over til it's over" dept. 22 degree's = no way staying home this weekend. Advantage of winter storage in my own garage is I say when it's time to go to sleep. Headed down the French Shore today to Mavillette Beach where the sails were out on the sand. Welcome sight for Nov 5 but I fear it will not last much longer. Who knows.

Anyway one with the beach in the back.
MavNov5-3000.JPG

One with the cliffs and Lighthouse on the other side at Cape Saint Marys.
CaprStMary-2500.JPG

and a zoom of the beach. Could be a rare and relaxing post too. Was for us.
Beach2500.JPG

All last week weatherman called for warm and sunny Saturday, so late Friday afternoon, with only like 10 minutes to spare, I called my insurance agent and had coverage put on the ‘06 and the ‘15, hoping to get out for a run Saturday before my wife started back at work on Sunday.

Well, awoke Saturday morning to chance of showers. Plans changed.
Mowed grass instead.
Sure enough we got a shower in the afternoon.

Today, however, despite being a bit cool, was full sun. Only reached 14 very late afternoon for about and hour.

So with my wife at work today, I took the cover of the green monster and freed it from the stable for first run of the year.
Didn’t push too hard (often😉) because burning off old gas.

Drove to Edmundston and back.
When got back in town, was still plenty of daylight so drove to Grand Falls and back.

Stopped by a Christmas tree plantation near my place.

C473D6FF-25A3-4CFF-B74C-4E80D34C3331.jpeg

Didn’t really have any place to go on a holiday Monday.
So went to the dealerships.

This in Front of Edmundston building.

ECBE1C04-BE28-4332-92A1-F3C2E8391670.jpeg

This in front of sign in Grand Falls.

B2130DE0-9714-4ABE-8BC8-FEAB3C243473.jpeg

Looks really good Marc, when does the 350 come out of your stable

Well today was the ice breaker.
Had to be with my old faithful friend since my wife wasn’t there.
She kinda thinks he’s a bit loud now.

Like real horses.
You can have some young steeds but, on occasion, you still like to commune with the older patriarch horse in the barn.
That’s what today was.

No fixed timeline but now that first drive is out of the way, I’ll be making appointments for oil changes, coolant flushes and so on.
In the next couple of weeks, I’d say the Shelby should come out too.

We got out for a mini run today
Ryan, Gerry and myself, we did re-con
for the fall run, all in all some amazing roads and sites.
Few small rough sections and only 2 spots with wash out damage,
about 25' of gravel for each, not bad.

Should be a great run :)

Carol Ann and I turned the Fundy trail run with the PEI and NS groups into a weekend mini run event for us and went up Saturday to stay in Moncton overnight then join up Sunday. We took the Rawdon Hills from Windsor to Milford Station on the 14 and it has been pretty much fully resurfaced in the past few years. Very nice driving so I think it is going to be one to mark for when the leaves change maybe around the Thanksgiving weekend.

Just outside Windsor past Sweets Corner.

Windsor2500.JPG

After getting to the NB side the old route 106 from Sackville to Dieppe is one the new highway bypassed. Been decades since I was on it. It passes through Memramcook and Dorchester. That was also a very nice drive. Stopped for a couple of shots.

The old Dorchester jail still exits and has a lot of interesting things preserved on the site. Worth a stop if going by to see the items. No tour was open when we were there so we just looked around.

Dorchester-OldJail-3000.JPG

On the left is an archway welded together consisting of various iron items including horseshoes, shackles and other things which I am sure all have a story behind.

Dorchester-Arch-2000.JPG

From there crossed the bridge over to Memramcook.

Memramcook-Bridge-2500.JPG

From the bridge there is a straight line road where a church is directly at the end. Carol Ann got to drive the car once again for a shot. I think this is her third time :) .

Memramcook-Church-2000.JPG

I have a couple of shots from the run on Sunday.

First Stop.

FirstStop3500.JPG

Second Stop.

SecondStop3500.JPG

On the trail.

Single2500.JPG

Carol Ann and I turned the Fundy trail run with the PEI and NS groups into a weekend mini run event for us and went up Saturday to stay in Moncton overnight then join up Sunday. We took the Rawdon Hills from Windsor to Milford Station on the 14 and it has been pretty much fully resurfaced in the past few years. Very nice driving so I think it is going to be one to mark for when the leaves change maybe around the Thanksgiving weekend.

Just outside Windsor past Sweets Corner.

View attachment 68366

After getting to the NB side the old route 106 from Sackville to Dieppe is one the new highway bypassed. Been decades since I was on it. It passes through Memramcook and Dorchester. That was also a very nice drive. Stopped for a couple of shots.

The old Dorchester jail still exits and has a lot of interesting things preserved on the site. Worth a stop if going by to see the items. No tour was open when we were there so we just looked around.

View attachment 68367

On the left is an archway welded together consisting of various iron items including horseshoes, shackles and other things which I am sure all have a story behind.

View attachment 68368

From there crossed the bridge over to Memramcook.

View attachment 68369

From the bridge there is a straight line road where a church is directly at the end. Carol Ann got to drive the car once again for a shot. I think this is her third time :) .

View attachment 68370

I have a couple of shots from the run on Sunday.

First Stop.

View attachment 68371

Second Stop.

View attachment 68372

On the trail.

View attachment 68373
Looks like an awesome weekend you had.

Back