Maritime mini runs.

Carol Ann and I turned the Fundy trail run with the PEI and NS groups into a weekend mini run event for us and went up Saturday to stay in Moncton overnight then join up Sunday. We took the Rawdon Hills from Windsor to Milford Station on the 14 and it has been pretty much fully resurfaced in the past few years. Very nice driving so I think it is going to be one to mark for when the leaves change maybe around the Thanksgiving weekend.

Just outside Windsor past Sweets Corner.

View attachment 68366

After getting to the NB side the old route 106 from Sackville to Dieppe is one the new highway bypassed. Been decades since I was on it. It passes through Memramcook and Dorchester. That was also a very nice drive. Stopped for a couple of shots.

The old Dorchester jail still exits and has a lot of interesting things preserved on the site. Worth a stop if going by to see the items. No tour was open when we were there so we just looked around.

View attachment 68367

On the left is an archway welded together consisting of various iron items including horseshoes, shackles and other things which I am sure all have a story behind.

View attachment 68368

From there crossed the bridge over to Memramcook.

View attachment 68369

From the bridge there is a straight line road where a church is directly at the end. Carol Ann got to drive the car once again for a shot. I think this is her third time :) .

View attachment 68370

I have a couple of shots from the run on Sunday.

First Stop.

View attachment 68371

Second Stop.

View attachment 68372

On the trail.

View attachment 68373
I’ve got to get a new camera and learn to use it ! The two photo’s Mike took make the car look like new again - Was a good weekend, about 1500 km from Friday night until Sunday night in the Mustang. A trip to the pressure washer / car wash was required tonight to get rid of the Sunday night bug layer.

Well, was bummed out we didn’t get the fall run in.
Did my own last three days.

Drove down to Fundy park Thursday.
Yesterday, drove the Fundy trail heading west and onto Saint-Andrews.
Back home today.

From the wharf behind the Parkland village inn in Alma.

2F11FDAB-E375-45AB-82A2-0B1E9EA7349D.jpeg

At the point Wolfe bridge in Fundy park.

78594035-7169-4A18-8DC4-57CFA9E2E93F.jpeg

Along the Fundy trail.

90D987B7-A31F-498F-8100-D81D49707348.jpeg

In front of the Algonquin hotel.

30A5F5CB-17C5-4A27-A9F9-14C9A7CD648D.jpeg

Back