Maritime mini runs.

I got out for a couple hundred k in the green monster today.
Cool air around 19-20 degrees and overcast = Lots of power.
Need good roads in those conditions.
North of Edmundston along St-John river and up and around Baker Lake.
Roads were not up to par for the mechanical conditions.
Lots of patch work and cracks.
Not going back there for a while.

Probably eclipsed 1000 km total so far this year between both cars.
About 650 on the 06 and 350 on the 15.

Looking forward to the fall run. ?

Out for an nice run this afternoon. Enfield to Daughter's new house to check on construction, through West Gore, Stanley to Brooklyn, then to Wolfville with stop at the Harriet Irving Gardens for a walk about. Then to East side Halls Harbour for a short beach walk , tide was high. We traveled to Port Williams for supper ( Good meal at The Port Pub and Bistro) and back home just as the sun was loosing its battle 260+ km .

1630283698793.png

Yah, the bar wasn’t that high for the Bronco to surpass.

Between all the salesmen and a couple interested clients, the one we got last week spent the day driving around in the nice weather yesterday.
All doors and roof off.

The one common comment from everyone.
“It drives much better than a Jeep!”

1658D33D-CF8F-4238-ABA2-A0F575F61F91.jpeg

FDD2EF5A-253F-4627-B4AF-7908D56C4822.jpeg

Another run to the North eastern Tidal region- Good time of year to travel though farming country- fertilizations has not yet begun,( easy on the nose) Lots of corn and freshly mowed fields.
We traveled Enfield to Noel - To Maitland and Truro Via Old Barns. A mandatory coffee stop in Truro then off through Bible Hill, North River Road - West North River Road , Crowes Mills, Belmont to Masstown for Fish & Chips at the Market after a bit of a wait. Got a bonus, ordered 2 piece fish , opened the box when in the car to find 3 pieces of fish ! Home via the old road #2 after Brookfield (construction on #2 from Truro through Hildon) . All good road - Just a nice afternoon run on some back roads for about 250km- plus found some more to explore another day!
The yearly km count continues to climb

Trip out.jpg

If you are in the area of Kentville, Sheffield Mills (Eagle watching), The Look off or Halls Harbour another cool spot is Baxters Harbour. If in Halls Harbour you can cut across West Glenmont on the Gospel Woods Road to the Baxters Harbor Rd. Paved but pay attention.
Baxters.JPG

At Baxters Harbour if it has rained recently there is a nice waterfall coming from the road. Low tide is popular for a walk. Went up to Halls Harbour then Baxters Harbour today to snap a pic. Might see the shot again (or one like it) on the site in a photo event.

Baxters Harbour last weekend low tide.
Baxter3small.JPG

Baxters today at high tide.
BaxterWaterFallsmall.JPG

An oldie followed me home for a bit. Managed a pic from the car.
Oldie.JPG

Well folks I have a few mini run pics in the queue from the past month. Still hoping to get more into November with the fall colors. Some are potential for contests and calendars and some just looked cool. Thought it was a good time to share with all the other events going on keeping us limited in our travels.

After leaving Baxters Harbour in the Annapolis Valley from the waterfall shot I stopped in a hay field for one.
BaxterCarField2500.JPG

Outside of Bridgetown on the old No 1 highway there is an old building providing a good backdrop.
CarOldBuilding2500.JPG

Earlier I posted a rare and relaxing dash cam shot from the former CFB Cornwallis in that thread. That evening I got a few really awesome shots. Here is one from a distance to add some perspective of the scene we had the pleasure to catch.
CornwallisSun2500.jpg

In early August outside of West Paradise (Bridgetown area again) I grabbed my initial hay shot for the season. Need to catch them in the right light.
HayRollsCar2500.JPG
Finally, I am still working to get better night shots with the moon. Another full moon coming up next week. Here is one from last month in Digby. It makes photo taking easy from the middle of the road when there is just about no traffic driving by or people walking into the shot.

Hope you enjoy them.
DigbyMoonLight2500.jpg

All nice shots.
The sunset is really awesome.

Pssst!
The first field is hay.
The second one, more yellow, is straw.
Likely oats.
They bail the stock after the grain has been combined or harvested.
They use the straw for bedding material.
In dairy and beef farming, along with others.
Spread the straw on the ground or floors to absorb urine and manure. Phew. ?

All nice shots.
The sunset is really awesome.

Pssst!
The first field is hay.
The second one, more yellow, is straw.
Likely oats.
They bail the stock after the grain has been combined or harvested.
They use the straw for bedding material.
In dairy and beef farming, along with others.
Spread the straw on the ground or floors to absorb urine and manure. Phew. ?
That is interesting to know. There is one field by the Digby airport which stays bright dark green well into the snowfall and I think it is winter barley. Just cannot bring myself to get the car out in January for that shot. However the way the climate is changing it may be an option soon. Last run in 2020 was Nov 29 before they salted or layed brine in the area. Thanks for the notes.

Some great shots. Definitely some contest shots there, problem is picking the right one :)
I hear you there. I am not even posting the good ones yet. Hoping some locations inspire more shots by others. More about sharing the experience of owning the car and getting to great new places than the contests. When I saw the photo by the Darlings Island covered bridge it inspired me to take the trip there while in NB and duplicate the shot. Never have enough Mustang photos!

Last edited:
Back