Crazy Weather events in your area

I was thinking same thing when watching suppertime news.
That you guys in Halifax area and west are lucky.
No need to clean snow as rain will take care of that for you in coming days.
South of Airport is two problems, the weather wimps who live in this city
need to see black pavement in AM or will have a fit.
2nd weather changes so quick here, leave it could be enough
rain to turn it to ice, which is far bigger problem .

A clear morning here. About 25cm on the ground with very little wind. Kings co picked 30+cm, so expect CB got walloped. First snow of the season for contractors. First pass of driveway was around 3:30 before street was cleared. 2nd pass right behind the plow at 6:00. 3rd pass after street was sanded. Final run will be around lunch time to clean up after vehicles are cleaned off and moved. Sunday's are usually later....9:00 or so. Today was the first test of equipment here. Some golfers even played a couple of courses Sat morning. Hello winter. Already have a small twinge thinking of winter of 2015....

A clear morning here. About 25cm on the ground with very little wind. Kings co picked 30+cm, so expect CB got walloped. First snow of the season for contractors. First pass of driveway was around 3:30 before street was cleared. 2nd pass right behind the plow at 6:00. 3rd pass after street was sanded. Final run will be around lunch time to clean up after vehicles are cleaned off and moved. Sunday's are usually later....9:00 or so. Today was the first test of equipment here. Some golfers even played a couple of courses Sat morning. Hello winter. Already have a small twinge thinking of winter of 2015....
I would estimate we had about 30 cm here in Salisbury. Hard to see exact numbers as there was some drifting in the yard. The tractor was awesome.

Changed back to snow and the wind picked up around game time lol. Still not a lot on the ground here but enough to get out the snowblower this morning. Sounds like a little further up the highway where Gerry is they got a bit more.
Hard to say, I'd say we got 10-15 cm. It's just enough to use the snowblower as my shoulders and hips are complaining about arthritis

it flipped to frezzing rain, then snow here.
ended around 12:30, so 4 am until done.
just got back from morning check on everything.
Use enough salt and it looks great :oops:

Halifax is prime area for salt.
Relatively warm temps, even when it snows.
High relative humidity and moisture content in the snow so salt dissolves and works quickly and effectively.

Nothing crazy today, winter might be here lol.
around 10 cm today, I have to go to work, work :(
Kinda came outta nowhere. I think we ended up with more than 10cms here. Will be heading out shortly to get rid of it all. I swear a day or so ago they were saying 1-3cms. Issued a snowfall warning at 4:30 yesterday after it had already been snowing for hours :LOL:

looks like a shit show tomorrow.
10-20 cm snow, followed by
30-70 mm rain and lets throw
in some wind to make it more fun.
Oh and might as well make it all
start during the morning commute :LOL:

looks like a shit show tomorrow.
10-20 cm snow, followed by
30-70 mm rain and lets throw
in some wind to make it more fun.
Oh and might as well make it all
start during the morning commute :LOL:
Yep sounds like a mixed bag. Been watching the totals constantly change the last few days lol

Back