Crazy Weather events in your area

Best kind of weather for spreading asphalt! Try to get some seat time...Lord knows how long the fine weather will last!
I am fortunate, unlike many other small business, I am quite busy.
Seems everything outdoors is busy, which is good to see.
I have this weekend booked off, which means I should only work
8-9 hours over weekend lol.

I plan on at least a spin or two, :)
Managed to get car booked for tires next thursday.
and have couple shops look at it for paint.

I hope every gets some seat tiem, BBQ time and maybe even a couple
of wobbly pops :)

We saw 37-38 degrees Thursday and Friday, tonight 13 with winds that will take you away if not tied down. Screw it came home from trailer park, same weather at home but at least not getting rocked around and freezing next to water...........lol

Well, lost power at 1:15 pm yesterday and only got it back at 10:40 pm.

Was on generator power from 7:00 to 10:40.
All worked well.

Culprit was this huge tree in my neighbour’s yard at bottom of hill.
It was partially dead and fell in the high winds.
Fell right on lines and took them right to the ground.
I don’t know if we made the news, being northern NB and not handy to HRM or Moncton, but there were 14000 outages up here last night.

Pic of the tree today after NB power crew cleared the branches that were on the lines.
Should have snapped one off last night before they cleared it.

76AD215F-8357-4CD0-BAFE-0509DDDEC831.jpeg

31B67CE3-6C64-4B76-AADF-998410FF9AA9.jpeg

Yeah sounds like we got pretty much what you guys got here too Marc, was kind of a freak storm, didn't expect it at all.

Was sitting down in living room and noticed from the window something fly by, was part of neighbor's roof. No harm done here but two of my neighbors lost parts of their roofs and many were out of power from afternoon till middle of the night.

Good thing you were setup with your emergency system! And I do not recall a specific on the news, but the whole province outages made the news at once as they stated that a big number of customers lost power to high winds. It's true tho, they seem to focus on us around here in Moncton area often more than not. I remember being a kid in Tracadie thinking that it was such a special place to be lol ? . After 12 years, kind of used to it and not so special place anymore lol

Glad everyone came out of it with no real damage. We lost our first tree since being in this house 10 years. Half of a tree broke off. I was fortunate that it missed the power lines so all was good there. When I went over and looked at it I don't quite understand how it missed them.

25914305-7AD3-461C-A62E-9C241913D8F5.jpegC072F006-E90F-4C18-8163-7DEBAE481BBB.jpeg

Quite a swing in the weather for the next couple of days. As much as we all dread it, winter is around the corner and its time to start getting ready. Thought some tips and hints might help others get ready. Follow this thread for some beneficial and possibly life saving info!
FB_IMG_1604408772657.jpg

Looked worse this morning than now, but here calling for
1-4cm depending on forecast you read,
all quite different, with 0 to -4 again depending on forecast
not sure if I will have to salt tonight or not.

To make this more amusing we are grading today,
but its plus 9-10 by end of week, so will pave it :)
might have to shovel first :LOL:
sunny and Plus 15 on Sat and next week looks great
Pick your poison as the it is the time of year
where weather folks put on blind fold and throw darts to predict weather :rolleyes:

Yeah I am waiting to pave one of my projects here in Moncton, exactly this. They are waiting the good weather break from end of the week to come do the job. Base will be down this year but seal will wait until next spring/early summer.
Ahhhh the end of season construction rush :)

we ended up with 10 cm here in HRM and became quite and event
going to minus 5 with windchill minus 10, tad icy this morning.
I got the luxury of staying out all night.

I was trying to remember how long it has been since we had acutally
snow on Nov 3, I am sure its over 15 years.

Yeah I am waiting to pave one of my projects here in Moncton, exactly this. They are waiting the good weather break from end of the week to come do the job. Base will be down this year but seal will wait until next spring/early summer.
Ahhhh the end of season construction rush :)
At least you got no snow yesterday in Moncton - I was there but no time to socialize- maybe next time

Back