Crazy Weather events in your area

Actually it’s just a smaller version of a downhill ski groomer with 2 hydraulic controlled track setting pans attached to the snow tiller at the back.

It’s a Pisten Bully with 200 hp diesel engine and 10 foot wide tiller.

The new downhill groomers are more like 300 and up hp and tillers starting at 14 feet wide and wider.

I should have snapped a couple shots this morning. It was cold but very good light.

A couple pics here off the net.

View attachment 52887

View attachment 52888

This is the kind of trail we put out.
You get 3 chances to guess who the skier is, and the first two don’t count. ?

View attachment 52889
no hill, no motor, NO Me LOL

Not too crazy but snow accumulation getting impressive up here once again.
From St-Leonard on up, that is.

Another dump this past weekend with high winds redistributing everything on Sunday.
It started with heavy wet snow on Saturday morning.
I call it West coast snow because that’s often what it’s like in the BC mountains.
It snows at 0 or 1 degree and it’s heavy and wet with large flakes.

It was wet enough to bend trees, even worse than the last couple of freezing rain episodes we've had.

It made it a nightmare to groom the ski trails on Sunday.
What usually averages around 3 hours took 8 hours to get done.

You’d cut or clear a couple trees, get in and groom a few hundred feet to a few hundred meters, then you had to stop and cut or clear more trees/branches.

About the worst I’ve ever seen it ip here.

D31D913C-B7FA-42A4-B6A2-D49240A3CF3F.jpeg

BEFBAD12-7C4E-455B-8707-0C2070473CE2.jpeg

6F1F8FFE-E566-462D-BB67-00CCBD0F3CCB.jpeg

I am scared to say anything, but 90% of our snow is gone,
forecast looks good, 40mm rain this weekend gave first good washing of roads.

I don't much beleive long range forecsts but if true, not much if any snow coming,
temps in plus most of the week, dipping below at night, next week even better,
with about 4-5 days of rain spread through that. Starting to look and feel like spring.

Tornado warnings making emergency alerts go nuts on phone last night for a few hours around midnight, here in central Florida.Thunderstorms dumped 3-4 inches of rain. Couldn’t help but imagine how much snow that would have left behind!
I would feel sorry for you, but your drinking beer sitting in shorts while you complain
I plowed and salted half the day :(

Back