Coronovirus

This is a matter of life and death, if someone dies as a result of this individual’s deception and recklessness, the Criminal Code charge regarding Criminal Negligence causing Death comes to mind. This is No Joke. ?

I’ll say it again, I’m not defending him, I’ve heard from the prosecution, now I want to hear from the defence before I pass judgment.

It would appear that there is no excuse for what this professional did and he will be Judged accordingly by his peers and possibly by the Judiciary. Premier Higgs just told Steve Murphy on CTV that the individual is no longer practicing Medicine in NB.

The Doctor up in Campbellton would qualify for the Higher Fine.

Umm no, that's a federal regulation dealing with people coming into Canada, not people moving within Canada. Big difference. Did you know that provinces can't order a quarantine as that comes under federal jurisdiction which is why they use the term self isolation?

Ah, thanks for the clarification Rich. At the very least he will be having a hearing with this Province’s College of Physicians who will determine his future practicing Medicine in this Province. For his sake, I hope that no Serious Illnesses or Deaths are a result of this.

Ah, thanks for the clarification Rich. At the very least he will be having a hearing with this Province’s College of Physicians who will determine his future practicing Medicine in this Province. For his sake, I hope that no Serious Illnesses or Deaths are a result of this.

I'm still curious about his side of the story but disregarding some of the heated rhetoric around this I'd say he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on unless he was treating patients in both provinces, and then I think he might have to show that he took all reasonable precautions. There was an orthopedic surgeon in NS who contracted hepatitis from a patient, which strain I can't recall. He notified the NS authorities and received guidance from them as to how to continue his practise, which he followed. Unfortunately one of his patients contracted it from him even though he followed all the safety procedures, which led to his stopping surgery if not practising. He was protected from liability because he followed the guidance from the college and did what any reasonable person would do

Apparently he was Treating Patients in Montreal as well as Campbellton. Early on in this Pandemic they prevented Workers at Senior Care homes in several jurisdictions from working in more than one Institution to minimize transmission of the Virus.

It would only make sense that an MD choose One Hospital to work out of and not report for work in the Campbellton ER after returning from duties in Montreal.

Currently any Province that declares a state of emergency
has control over the province, with only guidance from Federal authorities.
Only Federal Government can take over from Provinces is to declare
State of emergency, which then supercides provincial control.

Trudeau very early into this stated in press conference in had no intention
of doing this and preferrred to work with provinces to help them as required.

Essential services have much more freedoms, but still must adhere to
Strick guidelines, if not penalties can been applied.

Everything that has come out so far, says he is in big trouble.
He has said nothing, take that as you want.
They rarely launch investigations on Doctors with nothing.
I am sure we will hear soon enough.

There are certain areas that remain under federal jurisdiction even with a province declaring a state of emergency, two examples which come to mind are airports and harbours.

There are certain areas that remain under federal jurisdiction even with a province declaring a state of emergency, two examples which come to mind are airports and harbours.
there are hundreds of things under federal Jurisdiction, but for covid 19
outside of people coming into Canada from another country, each province with their respective health authority
are making decisions on rules.

In NB I know that Police can issue Tickets for the rules Province has established when State of Emergency was enacted. Education is always step one and charges are a last resort. And unlike N.S., Border Controls entering NB have resulted in people being turned away if they had no valid business in the Province.

Umm no the feds have invoked the Quarantine act for all people entering Canada. Except for certain exemptions all people entering Canada have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Here’s a link to the
info
that is what I said, with out the link.

Back