65 Again: 2017 Shelby GT350

That’s all I was trying to say he added a little race gas additive to the 91 so I would have a good tune even if the gas was I little stale and it ran good with a little over 700 and with 93 it never ran any stronger on the dyno. But Joe never changed the tune

There is a difference.
My 91 tune was finished and then we compared to the 93 tune.

The additive never factored in my 91 tune, and that is the tune I am running.
The straight 91.

The 93 was only an experiment after the fact to compare what the difference would be.

In your case, it sounds like the additive played a part in the result of your final tune.

I drove my 08 to Petes with SC and no tune, gotta love adventures.
Simple rule so you don't put in limp mode.
Can't use any boost and can't go over 3000rpm :)

I drove to New hampshire like this, went through fredricton on purpose
flatter than airport route. no issues on trip down, got be pating attention
and a lot of short shifting, still made decent time, 10 hours door to door :)

No issues on way home, lots of boost and most of time over 3000 rpm LOL

as far as alignments they need blocks, 2x6 etc to get on machine.
Biggest deal is a guy who knows his stuff and is going for numbers you give him
not just the green light, which in our cases can be way off where you want it.

My guy was fussy, because we had big conversation and I told him, this is what I want
take all the time you need and charge me accordingly. expecting these results for $79.95
is insane. He was more than fair with price, booked me at closing so no one bugging us.
took 2+ hours, and 3 wheels on the mark, last one took 45 minutes to get right was off what I wanted
by .0001 so I said that works LOL

as far as alignments they need blocks, 2x6 etc to get on machine.
Biggest deal is a guy who knows his stuff and is going for numbers you give him
not just the green light, which in our cases can be way off where you want it.

My guy was fussy, because we had big conversation and I told him, this is what I want
take all the time you need and charge me accordingly. expecting these results for $79.95
is insane. He was more than fair with price, booked me at closing so no one bugging us.
took 2+ hours, and 3 wheels on the mark, last one took 45 minutes to get right was off what I wanted
by .0001 so I said that works LOL

I hear you.
I’m going to try and get my car on with 2X10’s and what have you.

Too bad can’t use my trailer tamps.

Around here (Moncton Area), lots of people have been using Moncton Honda for low car alignments. If memory serves me well (used them myself too but it was moons ago), the lift is IN the slab, so its straight driving from outside the garage to onto the lift.
If all else fails, there's that :)

No, it’s stock height.
But I don’t know if it will climb up on the alignment rack we have at the dealership.

The front splitter is the main concern.
It does not extend forward very far but it’s low.

It’s even lower than the splitters on the 2 GT500’s I hauled this summer.

Noticed that when I loaded it on my trailer.
We’re only talking millimetres but every mm counts.

To be safe, I used a couple of 2X10 planks about 3’ feet long, flat on the ground, in front of my trailer ramps. Just enough so the splitter does not rub the ramps before the wheels start climbing.
After that all is good.

With the GT500’s this sumner, did not need those planks.

This point on both sides hangs lower than the rest of the splitter.

90011A2B-4E8A-4FE9-B1EE-EE363BE998A9.jpeg

The GT500 splitter is not like this.
It is flat across, more like the splitter on the Mach 1.
But the splitter on the GT350 dips lower on each side.

No, it’s stock height.
But I don’t know if it will climb up on the alignment rack we have at the dealership.

To be safe, I used a couple of 2X10 planks about 3’ feet long, flat on the ground, in front of my trailer ramps. Just enough so the splitter does not rub the ramps before the wheels start climbing.
After that all is good.

View attachment 60177

Hi marc you could check at edmundston dealer not sure if grand falls is the same but would say that edmundston you would be able to get on. it s even with the floor if i remember corectly. They have a very good machine. Also.

Yah, I thought of that.
We should get the same setup in the new building in Grand Falls when it gets built.

Next spring, it would be nice if I could have the CC plates installed and do the alignment in the same building.
And in Grand Falls, it’s the tech that I like.

No, it’s stock height.

After that all is good.

View attachment 60177

I see, I never noticed that before thanks Marc and thanks for the picture that real show the difference

This was discussed a couple years ago in a different thread but lots of new members since.

I bring it back up again in case it can benefit someone else.

The first thing I will be doing to this car in spring is to get the coolant completely flushed out and replaced with yellow coolant.

If any of you have this colour coolant still in your car, you should consider flushing it as well and replacing with the Ford yellow coolant that has since replaced it.

This orange coolant has been discontinued by Ford and replaced by a yellow coolant since 2019-2020.
They found that after about 5 years of use, sludge or oxidization starts to take hold in it and it slowly starts to eat away at the inside of your engine block and cooling system components.

15 to 18 or 19 cars have it.
Maybe older cars have it too, like 12 to 14 cars.
You can check the colour in your overflow tank.
Orange coolant will be similar to colour in bellow photo.
Or check the coolant info sticker.
If it shows orange coolant on the sticker, your car was built with orange coolant.

57C3FADC-24E7-4F62-8390-6675BA035DEF.jpeg

32F02AFD-6AAA-4D84-8F13-37F9D9801E1A.jpeg

Last edited:
This was discussed a couple years ago in a different thread but lots of new members since.

The first thing I will be doing to this car in spring is to get the coolant completely flushed out and replaced with yellow coolant.

If any of you have this colour coolant still in your car, you should consider flushing it as well and replacing with the Ford yellow coolant that has since replaced it.

This orange coolant has been discontinued by Ford and replaced by a yellow coolant since 2019-2020.
They found that after about 5 years of use, sludge or oxidization starts to take hold in it and it slowly starts to eat away at the inside of your engine block and cooling system components.

If it shows orange coolant on the sticker, your car was built with orange coolant.

View attachment 61213

View attachment 61214I remember this conversation from a while back. Hopefully the 19 is safe. Thanks for bringing it back around Marc.

View attachment 61213

View attachment 61214
Thanks Marc

I'll have to add that to my list of spring maintenance items, thanks for the reminder Marc.

Already had the coolant in the truck swapped out, ( I believe it was the orange in 2014 for the F150 ), but the car is still the orange coolant.

Last edited:
Back