2019 California Special Race Red

If I ever used that screen for anything, it would be a good upgrade.

You lost me after flash drive and laptop. ;):LOL:

Definitely looks better though..... at one time couldn't you tap into your home wi-fi when the car was parked and do these update ??

Yes, I’m pretty sure you can schedule updates if your car has access to your wifi.
You have to set your car up like your tv so it can do that.
You have to enter your wifi password in the car.
And ensure good signal to the car.

Some can do themselves. Smaller ones.
Some, you have to initiate. The larger ones.
And then have the patience or time for it to finish.

Overnight usually the best time.

Yes, I’m pretty sure you can schedule updates if your car has access to your wifi.
You have to set your car up like your tv so it can do that.
You have to enter your wifi password in the car.
And ensure good signal to the car.

Some can do themselves. Smaller ones.
Some, you have to initiate. The larger ones.
And then have the patience or time for it to finish.

Overnight usually the best time.
Yeah I usually prefer the wifi. This particular update even with strong wifi would not pop up when I searched for updates. I even have automatic updates on. So I had to go with the USB on this one. Maybe to big? Not sure.

All kidding aside..... so you just downloaded the file on to a flash drive and then plugged it into the car ??

Was the download on a Ford website ??

I'm so paranoid about computer viruses (and worse) that I'll not bother doing this sort of thing to avoid the risk.

Kinda like car covid......Covid16 ???? :LOL:

Plus I got old school gauges, not the fancy digital stuff.

Yeah it’s pretty straightforward. The only thing that I would stress is when you do it have the car running in a well ventilated area. You don’t want the battery or accessory mode to shit down while it is updating. Yes it was a Ford website where you plug in your vin number and it tells you what is available for upgrades. I did it for the upgraded radio touch screen. The navigation update on the gauges was a bonus. I know that a non digital dash sync 3 system would still see some changes to the radio. The link below should help anyone curious to see if there any updates for their vehicle. Also you tube has a few great videos which explain it in detail. It’s pretty straightforward all jokes aside.

All kidding aside..... so you just downloaded the file on to a flash drive and then plugged it into the car ??

Was the download on a Ford website ??

I'm so paranoid about computer viruses (and worse) that I'll not bother doing this sort of thing to avoid the risk.

Kinda like car covid......Covid16 ???? :LOL:

Plus I got old school gauges, not the fancy digital stuff.

Old school gauges are cool! 😎

We, well me for sure, want to disconnect in these cars. Not connect further.

I have to ask, you working on your car or a tablet :ROFLMAO:

I had to pay extra to put centre stack in my car, it has a feew things,
I don't even like apple car play. if you have time to listen or play with that,

you need a louder exhaust and drive faster 🤪

I have been toying with the idea of tinting the windows on the California Special. So today it went in for a ceramic tint job. Also got the reverse light tinted with a special film that allows the light to still transmit as it should. I am happy with the results. Love the new look.

Before
IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

After
IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

Tint is one of the first mods I do on any vehicle I own, looks great with the Race Red.

I find that tint makes a huge difference in the amount of heat inside the vehicle in summer and helps limit the amount of sun damage on interior cloth and plastic.

Tint plus a good quality windshield sunshade is gold for enthusiasts and their cars.

Looks like they did the law enforcement friendly tint on the side windows too.

Guys that run the limo black tint are just asking to get pulled over and have it stripped off.

Tint is one of the first mods I do on any vehicle I own, looks great with the Race Red.

I find that tint makes a huge difference in the amount of heat inside the vehicle in summer and helps limit the amount of sun damage on interior cloth and plastic.

Tint plus a good quality windshield sunshade is gold for enthusiasts and their cars.

Guys that run the limo black tint are just asking to get pulled over and have it stripped off.
It’s a great mod. Yeah I must agree, it does pop with the red. Yes the front windows are both at 70 with the gauge after install. It’s basically just a uv protectant. I wanted to make sure I didn’t get bothered. There are much much darker ones around here as well.

There's no law enforcement friendly side tint here in NB unless it's glass tint. Any film whatsoever is an MVI fail, unless you know a guy.

Charlie, looks great, your going to love the heat reduction, the look is a cool bonus.

Tint works opsite of most things, 5% limo many cars choose 18-21 or 33-36 levels.

Most factory windows including front ones have some level of shade built into them.
front windows range 70 to 74%.
Normal quality tints over 85-90% heat reduction depending on tint level and 90-93% UV protection
The new cermaic tints are better quality more expensive, but also offer up to
95-96% hear reduction, and 95-96 % UV protection.

In texas, because of the insane summer heat, older folks have taken to having the front windshield done
at 70%, when this is applied correctly, you would never no a tint has been applied as it is only 1-3% of original
shades from factory, so no colour change with massive heat reductions,

I suspect won't be long before folks here are doing same, time will tell.

My factory glass was at 83% light transmission 17% light blocking. The film that was applied was a uv protectant which brought it to 70% or 30% light blocking So according to the current law I should be good. Doesn’t mean I won’t be bothered lol. If that is the worst thing they have to hassle me with I will deal with it.

New Brunswick Window Tint Laws​

Canada window tint laws are different in each province, and this article provides all relevant information about window tinting laws in New Brunswick.

New Brunswick window tint laws overview:​

• Windshield: 70% VLT tint is permitted (blocks no more than 30% of total light).
  • Front side windows: 70% VLT tint is permitted.
  • Back side windows: Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear window: Any darkness can be used.
In New Brunswick you are allowed to tint your entire windshield but your window film must block less than 30% of light.

IMG_2185.jpeg

Charlie, looks great, your going to love the heat reduction, the look is a cool bonus.

Tint works opsite of most things, 5% limo many cars choose 18-21 or 33-36 levels.

Most factory windows including front ones have some level of shade built into them.
front windows range 70 to 74%.
Normal quality tints over 85-90% heat reduction depending on tint level and 90-93% UV protection
The new cermaic tints are better quality more expensive, but also offer up to
95-96% hear reduction, and 95-96 % UV protection.

In texas, because of the insane summer heat, older folks have taken to having the front windshield done
at 70%, when this is applied correctly, you would never no a tint has been applied as it is only 1-3% of original
shades from factory, so no colour change with massive heat reductions,

I suspect won't be long before folks here are doing same, time will tell.
Thanks. I am sure i will see the benefits for sure. I have heard a lot of people doing the windshields in the us. You may be right may catch on here.

My factory glass was at 83 percent. The film that was applied was a uv protectant which brought it to 70%. So according to the current law I should be good. Doesn’t mean I won’t be bothered lol. If that is the worst thing they have to hassle me with I will deal with it.

New Brunswick Window Tint Laws​

Canada window tint laws are different in each province, and this article provides all relevant information about window tinting laws in New Brunswick.

New Brunswick window tint laws overview:​

• Windshield: 70% VLT tint is permitted (blocks no more than 30% of total light).
  • Front side windows: 70% VLT tint is permitted.
  • Back side windows: Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear window: Any darkness can be used.
In New Brunswick you are allowed to tint your entire windshield but your window film must block less than 30% of light.

View attachment 64674
I just failed MVI last week for this, looking for someone that will pass it or will have to remove and redo after again.😡
Screenshot_20230531-220256.png

Back