2019 California Special Race Red

Similar experience here with my '06 GT back in the day.

I called my insurance company to ask about mods before I installed them ( kind of ) , and the insurance company essentially told me if I supercharged the car or did any sort of mods, the only conclusion was that I intended to illegally street race the car and kill dozens of innocent bystanders. They even asked me why I wanted to make the car faster, if I wasn't going to race it ???

Oddly enough, if I had been able to buy a factory supercharged '06 GT500 at the time , that would have been perfectly fine with my insurance company, because thats how it rolled off the line.

The insurance policy is based on a known quantity, and a factory produced car , whether it's a GT500 or GT 'vert or a base EB Mustang , is a known quantity. Start throwing on mods, it's no longer a known quantity, and that would be fraud, which would result in a denial of coverage if an accident were to occur and the car was modded. ( Not my words, but you get the idea they were doing their best to discourage me from doing anything to the car, over the top language included )

Unless you're with a company that is willing to take the time and effort to factor in the mods you make, like Hagerty. Most insurance companies can't be bothered to make any extra effort, other than billing you for your policy and processing your payment. :LOL:

Similar experience here with my '06 GT back in the day.

I called my insurance company to ask about mods before I installed them ( kind of ) , and the insurance company essentially told me if I supercharged the car or did any sort of mods, the only conclusion was that I intended to illegally street race the car and kill dozens of innocent bystanders. They even asked me why I wanted to make the car faster, if I wasn't going to race it ???

Oddly enough, if I had been able to buy a factory supercharged '06 GT500 at the time , that would have been perfectly fine with my insurance company, because thats how it rolled off the line.

The insurance policy is based on a known quantity, and a factory produced car , whether it's a GT500 or GT 'vert or a base EB Mustang , is a known quantity. Start throwing on mods, it's no longer a known quantity, and that would be fraud, which would result in a denial of coverage if an accident were to occur and the car was modded. ( Not my words, but you get the idea they were doing their best to discourage me from doing anything to the car, over the top language included )

Unless you're with a company that is willing to take the time and effort to factor in the mods you make, like Hagerty. Most insurance companies can't be bothered to make any extra effort, other than billing you for your policy and processing your payment. :LOL:
All of the You Tube Videos of Jack Ass Mustang Owners Crashing when exiting Car Show has certainly Not Helped our Cause.

I called hargerty for my 2016 gt350 gave the colete run down,
they were a $1300 higher than my current insurance.
Would not tell me why.

I got a hold of Steeves in NB and atleast he waas honest, even though is somewhat rare and all
its too new, they will insure and give proper coverage, but you going to get hammered for it.

I am not sure how old, makes them happy, but my fox should be an issue and know one else is going to tocuh that unless i outright lie.
only thing orignal or stock is 3/4 of the body and some of that has been slightly altered 😁

I called hargerty for my 2016 gt350 gave the colete run down,
they were a $1300 higher than my current insurance.
Would not tell me why.

I got a hold of Steeves in NB and atleast he waas honest, even though is somewhat rare and all
its too new, they will insure and give proper coverage, but you going to get hammered for it.

I am not sure how old, makes them happy, but my fox should be an issue and know one else is going to tocuh that unless i outright lie.
only thing orignal or stock is 3/4 of the body and some of that has been slightly altered 😁
Once Mustang is 15 years old it qualifies for Collector Car Insurance.

Lifts were determined to be not legal and it slowed the industry down for about 2 months.
then they changed to factory lifts only. all that siad modify cars becomes quite gray if you read rules.
tinte on drives side windows fails a safety by terms of law, actualyl putting any decal below the two marks on eithside of a window is illegal
regardless of what it is, other than a government issued saftey sticker.

but if you wanna test one of my theories call your insruance company, tell them you install at Airraid or JLT air intake yo increase air flow and performance and see what they say :)

if you read the laws, most should be thankful that 85% if mechanics have never read the complete regulations in detail
🤣 they will cancel the insurance of your car right away.

After many google searches, you tube videos of sounds clips and some coaxing from a few of you guys I decided I wanted to do the resonator delete. I started the search to see what was out there. On Saturday I decided to just do a quick kiji search and I ended up finding a decent deal on a brand new Steeda H pipe located in St John .I listened to some sound clips and I like the sound as well. So I decided to pull the trigger on it. I was trying to decide if I was going to drive up and pick it up I then saw the post for Gerry and the pony Express. Gerry was more than happy to meet up with the guy on Monday night(Thanks again Gerry). It will be delivered on his way trough on Friday night. Looking forward to getting it installed after that. Will do a before and after sound clip as well.

IMG_1743.jpeg

Back