2017 / 2018 NHL Season

I think the Habs are in for rough season, if changes don't come quick.
Over the years leafs have had some good and bad teams.
The habs the same, for Habs fans in bad years your happiness
may not have come from a good year, but small in season victories,
Like beating the Leafs or Bruins.
Tonight is first game for Habs, vs Leafs.
Leafs are off to good start and on the up swing.
Leafs 3-1 Habs 1-3
Can we walk away with a victory tonight?
Lets hope its a good game :)

Didn’t see a minute of the game but happy with the end result.

Look on the bright side Trevor, Habs almost doubled their goals for category :D

I watched the whole thing. Here is my unprofessional opinion. Lets get this out of the way right now. Auston Matthew’s is something else. His hand to eye coordination. Just wow.

If habs would have played the way they did the previous 4 games they would have had a different start to the season. They had some decent scoring chances in my opinion. Well more shots anyways. A powerplay goal first of the season.

The plekanec’s matchup with Marner or Matthews? Not sure of that one.

Price? Sorry he does not seem like himself to me. Not blaming him.

I heard from a few different people that it wasn’t a great game for the Leafs. Good enough to get the W but I figure Matthews and Andersen played the biggest part in that.

Seems Carey Price has a few weeks to a month where he just doesn’t play well. I guess the optimist would say that they are glad he’s getting that out of the way early?

You get that many shots and chances it’s gotta turn around sometime

Definitely Matthews and Anderson played a big part. The game itself had decent speed so i would not say toronto made it easy on montreal.

Price even tweeted he pretty well took all of the lose on his shoulders. I do not think any goaltender should blame themselves completely for a loss. Just hopefully they know what they need to do for the next game.

Last edited:
I tend to agree, for the most part Price has been average so far this year.
Lets hope its a slow start. After signing and 8 year extension, is not the
time for his game to decline LOL.

Haps played well, but made many stupid mistakes. Price does not deserve sole credit for the lost.
Leafs, IE anderson and Matthews played very well. And yes I agree Matthews is special and only a kid.

Habs lost the game when Price let in the 2 goals in 44 seconds, immediately after they got the first goal. And I have to agree with Charlie, what was Claude Julien thinking when he sent Plekanic out on a 3 against 3 when Mathews was one of the 3 on the other side.

This week they next 3 games on the road are out West, where they have had next to zero luck in the last few years.

Game 1, Sharks, who they haven't beaten in San Jose since 99 :mad:

Haps have bigger issues than price or who they face.
The problems they have, need to be addressed by management.
Are they willing to admit this or wait until its to late?

For me, one of the bright spots is the play of Victor Mete. this kid is 18
and playing like a veteran. Only time anyone said he made a mistake, was last week
and it was a 3 on 1 LOL. I can live with that. He will make mistakes, but as he learns he will get
better and he was an offensive threat in London,

I watched 1st period.
Its not that they play bad, just so many mistakes.
they miss Markovs outlet pass, forwards making bad
changes and not getting back or back own end coverage.

Its finally showing up, 2nd line guys who should be 3rd or 4th line.
2nd pairing defence that should be third pair etc.
MB needs to make moves now and one won't do it.
Or have a hard look at the core group.

Good team for many years, but not top tier.
Now without changes, bottom their team.

Seeing that the Habs have not beat the Sharks in their Home Arena since 99, I wasn't surprised when I heard the results this morning.

They play Kings tonight, and the Ducks Friday. I expect them to lose both those games too, cause I cannot remember the last time the Habs won a game in California. :mad:

At least the Habs are consistent, allowing 5 goals 2 nights in a row. Barrett Jackson Vegas starts tonight, with coverage on Discovery Velocity tonight thru Saturday. and Habs don't play Saturday Night.

TSN wrote an article about Price today, which is likely very close to true.
hes not off to a good start and has gone through this before. History shows he will sort it out and improve.
The defence in the past has bailed out price on occasion, but not doing it now and likely lesser group than last year.
Offense in last several years has never bailed out price and its reasonable to say, they won't any time soon.

NHL being what it is, tight and points count, this goes much longer, it could be over before it even starts.
I wonder how much credit MB has with Molson? because he built this mess and I suspect one trade won't fix
it now.

Might be a long season for us Haps fans, but likely not boring.
With Leafs doing well, expect more abuse than normal LOL.

As of today the Habs take the Honor of being Dead Last in the East. The Rangers, took over second to last. Habs Play the Ducks tonight, would be nice if they win at least one on the Road.

Back