2017 / 2018 NHL Season

You Leafs Fans can watch the Leafs Channel (CBC), and I'll watch the Habs Channel (RDS) and everyone gets what they want.

To say I am disappointed with tonights results would be an understatement.
I know it is far to early to panic, but I do see the problems the were underlined
with Montreal in preseason. Question is how much do they show up over 82 games.

Is the stamp MB is putting on the team, good for the future.

Leafs 2-0 and scored 15 goals in 2 games. Everyone is happy right?? Not me. At the end of the first period when it was 5-1 Leafs I texted my buddy Adam and said it's a good thing they are scoring so many goals because the D sucks, too many penalties and it's only a matter of time before it costs them. Less than an hour later it was 5-5. Fehr vs Moore is an interesting battle. Fehr kills penalties and they were shorthanded 8 times against the Jets. Did pretty well with the PK in that game. Moore plays last night and looked good....scored a goal and made a few great plays. Rangers were 2 for 3 on the PP and scored another on a delayed call. At this point Fehr gets my vote....they need to shut down teams when they go down a man.

Yes you should be happy, they are still building. I know expectations are high,
but considering they said 3-5 years and this is year two, you are ahead of schedule.
They look good and they really only need a few pieces to contend.

Habs have some promising signs, but they have too much pinned on guys who will never give them what
they hope for. The defence has gotten much worse and older this summer. Price looked very bad last night
and its game two. They have to much riding on how he plays, instead of building around him.

Sunday morning and quiet so I wrote my Habs Review, I am sure some die hards won't like it.
But lets come back later in year and see how close to right I am.

My take on the habs, not much different than last year, except they have some new talent to consider.

Price, as good as it gets.

Montoya IMO would have been good chance to find better back up.

Weber, great defence but will be sorry they signed him in 3 years.

Petri over paid, over rated

Benn, good pick up for price, over rated, by habs only.

Streit Loved him back in the day, have no idea why they signed him

Alzner, Good pick up, maybe a little pricey

Mete, I think is great move, solid D at 18 with Offence up side. ( need 2 more like him)

Pacioretty, is what he is, 30 + goal scorer not much more, worth the money

Plekanic's One year left at 6 mil, but is playing well and understands his roll, if they get 15 + goals great

Drouin Great pick for the money and will be a plus play, but will never be the superstar they hope for. I still like the deal.

Shaw, if plays the way he is now and understands his role, he will be solid piece in Montreal, like over paid.

Gallagher Never worth what they pay him, not near as good as they think he is, one good year and he is now first line star
Not now, not ever. falls a lot, plays maybe 1-2 shifts a game, horrible in defensive zone, trade bait in my mind.

Galchenyuk Had great first year and has struggled since, will he ever find it again? who knows.
Trade him for Matt Duchene. while everyone thinks he is still worth gold, Maybe he is but not in Montreal.

Byron, I like how he plays and cheap for what he does.

Hemsky Great pick up for the money, role player but solid player.

Danualt I like the way he plays, solid 3rd line centre and can move up and down the line up

Lehkonen He has skill, but never sure form game to game what you will get. still young and works hard.

De La Rose, the future Plecks average offence but great PK and defensive player.

Hudon, early days, but works hard and shoots the puck, I think he will do well.

So that said MB can finally say this is his team, not sure thats a good thing, smaller, older and not better.
The East will be even tougher this year and Montreal will likely just make playoffs and out early.
2 years ago they needed a few pieces to take a serious run, I think they need more than a few.

Habs and Rangers tonight, should be an even match of teams.
Hopefully Montreal comes out ready in the first.

Not suprised. I would definitely not be on a rant this early in the season. Too soon Lol. But I would expect a little ball busting.

true it is part of the fun, sometimes you get to give it, sometimes you have to take it.

Double edge sword in last nights game ( if you watched it)
first 15 minutes, 15 shots, 1 goal. Next 25 minutes 5 shots gave up two goals,
game is over. Can't maintain intensity, can't finish.
Not big enough guys to dominate in front of goalie, which means many perimeter shots.
There is not a small guy on the team that I don't like ( ok maybe one)
But no team can have 10 forwards under 5'9" and 175 lbs.
the GM thinks he has worked hard, but has lots to fix if they want to be competitive.
Trade a forward or two and do something with defence, when an 18 year old with
1 weeks experience is your best defensemen you have issues.

The leafs fans have to be happy, they are being toted as being as good as it gets.
Actually hard to argue with that at the moment. Few small fixes on defence and they should be a contender.

Edmonton, Macdavid can't do it all alone, once they figure that out should be better.

Ottawa,the same only different.

Canucks, doing better than anyone thought.

Flame, like Ottawa, same only different.

Winnipeg should be good, with few tweaks, young guys looking good.

So a little more than a Week into the Regular Season, the Leafs Rock and the Habs Suck !

And the Vegas Golden Knights are Performing Like Champions. Leafs Habs play in Montreal Saturday, should be a good game, after losing 3 out of their first 4 games, I'm hoping for a Habs Win, but wouldn't bet on it. :(

Yes Trevor, right on the money, but my question is when MB will spend the 8 million remaining on the Team's Cap, and whether or not it will make a difference in the end. But losing 3 out of the 4 opening games is better than winning the first 10, then sucking the rest of the season, like they have done in the past. They can only improve, or end the Season at the bottom and get the Top Draft Pick. Look what that did for Toronto and Edmonton after 4 or 5 years.

Streit was waved today after playing two games, things that make you go hmmmmm.
Why did they sign him?

Back