2017 / 2018 NHL Season

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Last day of pre-season. the new NHL season starts this week.
Today every team is equal. As fans we cheer for our team to do
better than they did the year before or in case of Pens, to repeat their year.

For me thats Go Habs Go. I think a very tuff year in the east.

Preseason was interesting. Obviously the results don't mean anything but you still get the crazy fans (Toronto and Montreal mostly) that start to panic about bad results or players not playing as well as expected.

As Trevor said, we are all even now so time to start making the games count.

Montreal scored only 9 goals in their first 6 pre-season games, losing all 6. Then after getting rid of the dead wood on the team, won the last 2 scoring 12 goals in those 2 games. Saturday they beat Ottawa 9-2. And they have 8 Million remaining in their salary cap. Game 1 for the Habs against Buffalo this Thursday, GO Habs Go !

Opening night tonight, who will watch some games?
DO you watch your team all year or only in playoffs?

I also watch as many Haps games as I can, also catch a few others as well.

I might have to find another sports network to read my sports.
The ( TSN) Toronto Sports Network is already in full nausea mode.

My wife watches all the Habs games with me, most men I know have to watch Hockey in the basement. Mine is a real keeper. :FordSmile

Unfortunately we will miss the Game tomorrow cause we are going to see a Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band, Rumours, perform in Moncton.

But I will be watching game 2 Saturday night with my Brother in Law who is also a Habs Fan, Born in Montreal like me.

We are watching the Game Upstairs, and his wife, my wife's younger Sister, (who makes the Brother in Law watch the games in the basement), can watch a Movie with her Sister on the TV Downstairs.:p

Go Habs Go !

Here we go lol. Was wondering how long it would be before this started. FYI Leafs won 7-2....Matthews had 3 points and TSN was all about Connor....hardly any mention of the Leafs. Toronto Sports Network eh?? :)

I watch most Leafs games that are on regular TV. Funny that most Sens and Habs games get shown on regular TV down this way but the Leafs games are mostly blacked out. Guess they take the most popular team which would produce the most money for the network and the NHL, black the game out and make the fans pay extra for it ;)

Haha trevor. You need to support tsn. I enjoy it way better than RDS. On RDS it is like no other team exists and i am a habs fan. Lol. At least all teams get a little seat time. Lol.

you deserve to pay extra, us normal fans have to listen to tons of crap from all the networks,
and the fans. Someone should pay :)

Sounds like you were talking about CBC, Hockey Night in Canada, who talk mostly about the Leafs. As a Habs Fan, I prefer the French Coverage on TVA and RDS, and I find their broadcasts well balanced, equal time for all the teams.

RDS equal time for all the teams?? It's true I don't speak French but I do know the Habs symbol when I see it and it shows up a lot on that channel ;)

Well at least we are not the Penguins
TSN is saying Panic time?
So help me god, yes they lost a game 10-1
thats never good and I am sure no one there is happy.
But its still only game 2 and they got 1 point in first game.
so at this point the % is 250. good, NO
But Panic already LMAO.

I am sure if it were Leafs and Habs it would be the same, but lets play 10 games before you
go in oh shit mode.

No kidding. They are 2 games into an 82 game schedule lol. They could go 80-0 the rest of the way lol. Ok that's quite an exaggeration but my point is that when you are still in the first week of the regular season the word panic shouldn't even come up.

Back