2016 Mustang GT California Special

Canuck121

Administrator
Staff member
Yep....I am now the owner of a 2016 Mustang GT California Special. It has been a month in the making and quite a story from start to finish. That is a story best told in person with a coffee lol. One of those things that just kinda happened and a deal that I was more than ok with.

Anyway....the car. It's an Alberta, one owner car that was trucked to Nova Scotia (not an enclosed carrier lol) and I've had in my hands for less than 24 hours. Now you know why it was a month in the making. Got to give it a good going over today and I'm happy with the condition....exactly as described. Very first car I've bought without actually seeing in person first but all the Mustangs I've owned have been from outside Atlantic Canada. Like I said a one owner car, 28,000kms, 6 speed manual and pretty close to mechanically stock. Only upgrade is a JLT cold air intake and to my surprise had an SCT hand held tuner in the glove box. It has the California Special package, navigation and the Equipment Group 401A option package -- includes a 12-speaker Shaker Pro Audio System with HD Radio, blind spot detection, cross traffic alert, and driver memory functions. So lots to figure out and of course a mod list to make ;)

So now the bad news. With this addition I am not adding a 3rd to the stable. As much as I'd like to one must go and it's not the convertible. The Saleen is currently in my garage but will have a new home in NB come May. I've had 10 years of fun with it but looking forward to something different and the CS should do the trick. I may even drive it more than 1700 miles in two years :LOL:

I will update with pics as I go. Still lots to inspect, clean and figure out but here are some crappy pics from today lol. Need some decent lights in my garage I'd say.tempImagexU11H6.jpgtempImagehKIExk.jpgtempImageHdH0qE.jpgtempImagext2UUV.jpgtempImagehbvsi5.jpg

Last edited:
congrats. Nice looking car, I still have a hard time imaging you letting the Saleen go.
I would own it right now if not for timing. Hard to buy toy, with amount
I plan on spending on Fox LOL

Look forward to more pic's and info and be more than happy
to help you spend some of your money on mods :D

So traveled on trailer in winter, does that make it a year round car for you :p

Last edited:
Nice looking car, I still have a hard time imaging you letting the Saleen go.
I would own it right now if not for timing. Hard to buy toy, with amount
I plan on spending on Fox LOL

Look forward to more pic's and info and be more than happy
to help you spend some of your money on mods :D

So traveled on trailer in winter, does that make it a year round car for you :p
It’s my new winter beater lol. Winter tires on order :ROFLMAO:

Real nice car J.
You’re going to love driving it.
These S550’s are a big step up.
They make the older models show their age pretty easily.

Like Trevor, I’ll be happy to help you spend money on mods.

PS, it requires the tuner with that JLT.
It would be throwing codes all the time without one.

I think that's a really good frame of mind to have going into the new ride. I look at my own experience, where I hardly drove my '06 GT 'vert, and sold it with low mileage, the selling price barely covered the money I spent in mods over five years, never mind what it cost to buy the car in the first place. Great for the guy that bought it, and I'm sure whoever gets your Saleen will be thinking the same.

Fast forward to when I got my '16........ and I said.....this time, I'm going to drive it , drive it , drive it. lol

Best thing is to enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed, good on yah !!

Nice looking car, Jason! Will miss the Saleen and a bit sad you didn't run up a bidding war for it on the MM forum!! See who really would choke on their wallet ?

I'm seeing one of those spy vs. spy Mad Magazine competitions between Phil & Jason!

Back