2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Leafs break didn't affect them like Babcock was concerned about.
they Beat the Rangers 4-2 last night.
Funny they are a couple spots out of wildcard spot, but only couple points out of playoff spot.
Anyone looking should know this system doesn't work.

The system is brutal. In the end you will have teams with more points than others that don't make the playoffs. Makes no sense to me....the top 8 teams in the conference should be in the playoffs no question. Won't always work that way with this system.

Leafs are hot on the road 7-0-2 in last nine games. Playing in Ottawa tonight which is a big 2 point game. Traditionally they are terrible on the second half of back to back games. See what happens tonight against the Sens.

I agree, the NHL is trying to have equal representation across the divisions.
Screw that, your either good enough to make it or NOT.
I can live with 8 from east, 8 from west.
When playoffs start it should be 1-16 across the league.
Not east against west as it is currently set up.
Most don't think about it, you can never have Leafs Habs, Habs Bruins.
Leafs- Rangers finals. How does this in anyway equal the best
when it comes to the Stanley Cup?

Last edited:
On another Point, the east is getting even tighter.
No team can be on a serious losing streak in 2nd
half or they might find themselves on outside looking in.
Makes for every 2 points counts and all games tough.

Well it was that way years ago, most wanted it changed because of travel and costs.
I think most fans want to see the best teams, sorry if it means more travel, choose a different career
if you don't like travel. I hope someday someone wakes up and changes it back.

Tonight at 8. Important game for Habs.

108846308_slide.jpg

Yeah I knew the format was different years ago. Never really knew why they changed it though.

Galy and Markov are back Yeah great news to hear. They need some of their players back. Very important game for sure.

got it wrong, Gally and Shaw, he didn't last long.
Must have been watching to much WWE while off.
Didn't play much hockey, just some goon work and gone.

Habs come back in 3rd to win over rangers.
Leafs beat Sens 4-2

I have to say if the first goal was called because of shaw interfering with goalie,
Then how can it not be called when player pulls price out of the net with his skate.
" they said no crease violation" His skate went through the crease and hooked prices pad
before it left the crease, oh ya decision was made in Toronto hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Yeah kinda strange that that goal counted after that. Hopefully he did not pull any muscles. Pulled him a long way by the leg.

Shaw is a High Energy Player. After seeing how well the Guys called up from the Ice Caps did during his absence, he may have been trying a little to much that show he's back. Hopefully he'll tone it down.

Galchenyuk made a positive return to play for sure.

The 3 Goals in 62 seconds in the 3rd was Spectacular.

And Lundquist isn't the King of the Bell Centre.

He has even said publicly in the past that the Bell Centre Fans Intimidate Him. :FordSmile

Habs are 3rd in the League with 60 Points, behind Columbus, 62 points and Washington, 61 Points.

In the Atlantic Division, Montreal is still on top with a 9 point lead over Boston, and Toronto is in 3rd only 3 points behind the Bruins.

Back