2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Tonight I got a nice surprise as my son in law and daughter gave me this kit for my birthday and I must admit that it made the old man here a very happy camper.

So got to thinking that I thought I had seen this stuff (chemical guys for foam cannon) on this site somewhere so got looking and sure enough there it was from Aaron. Guess my old memory is not so bad after all ?? lol

Now I'll have to get some training from Max, Aaron and Charlie who already use this kind of equipment...........?

IMG_2295[1].JPG

Very nice Roger! Very cool starting kit! Diablo gel wheel cleaner works great, i have the glass cleaner and silk shine dressing as well ( that one in a gallon format, as it's my tire shine AND my interior dressing at the same time).
Like Charlie said, will make for a very good and easy presoak of the car. Reminder that your amount of foam will be greatly dependent on the dilution ratio you'll be using (don't fill it with soap, you'll only be wasting). Start with 10:1, should give you perfect or almost perfect foam. That is, 10 parts water for 1 part product (1oz soap every 10oz water). Assuming the bucket also comes with a grit guard in the bottom, i have another grit guard home I do not use that I can give you to complete the two bucket system should you consider completing the washing system (home depot/hardware, etc. bucket would do with grit guard at bottom. Dedicated to car washing). That you can search youtube for chemical guys two bucket method, or simply two bucket wash and plenty of videos will emerge (yes, I am kind of washing fanatic, sorry :) ).

Should tips be required, don't be shy, happy detailing ;)

You know what, you're right! Maybe it'll get looked at, maybe not, but the whole thing could be there!!

When comes the spring that I can wash cars outside again, i'll do it then so I can actually take pictures of the steps and such, little more entertaining than reading 500 words :) Too many Youtube channels already on the subject, so I won't be successful there! ? :ROFLMAO: I'll just link to various videos when required lol

You know what, you're right! Maybe it'll get looked at, maybe not, but the whole thing could be there!!

When comes the spring that I can wash cars outside again, i'll do it then so I can actually take pictures of the steps and such, little more entertaining than reading 500 words :) Too many Youtube channels already on the subject, so I won't be successful there! ? :ROFLMAO: I'll just link to various videos when required lol
You can always start a winter thread on the pros and cons of different products in your vast collection?
(btw, you need to factor in a LOT of extra space when you build that man cave)

Hey thanks Max for the bucket grit guard offer. I do have two of them now but my other one doesn't fit very well in either of the two buckets I use so this new one is a bit smaller and should do the trick. And thanks guys for the wishes and also the advice. My son in law also ordered the same kit so he can keep their new car nice and clean..........he's been on YouTube quite a bit lately looking at how to clean vehicles which is kind of funny as it's not really his cup of tea, suppose getting a new car sparked things up ? lol

I think Max it would be good fun and info if you started some type of conversation with tips on detailing, doesn't have to be high tech or anything but most of us here probably have a good level of interest on keeping our rides clean and tidy so any help I'm sure would be appreciated ??
I'm a bit like you and have products coming out of my wing wang but must admit that I only use my go to stuff most of the time, but with tips and tricks from others maybe I could find use for some of my stuff that is not being used much.

Notice how Max said " nice starter kit" :oops:
most of that is all any of us would use lol.

Max you need have amateur to pro :)
When building wash and detailing thread.
Let's just say that my collection will be looking extremely excessive for 95% of you that will read my tread. It's ok, Julie thinks the same too, I'm used to be the crazy car cleaning guy of the street (you should see what kind of looks I get when I foam my car, remember, townhouse setting with car maybe 30ft at the most from the sidewalk) :ROFLMAO:
I'll start a draft of what I want to write and how very shortly and start to plan the pictures and links I'll add to this separate tread.

As of this afternoon, she is out for another season!

Plans for the season are going to be pretty low key. I will get around to have the 3.73's and Bill's old Watts link installed (hopefully earlier in the season than later) and probably will have the spark plugs changed as well (yes, at +/- 143k i am afraid i WILL break some, might as well get her done). Other than than, I'll enjoy driving it.
I forgot how fun to drive and good of a feeling it is. Looking forward to putting a lot more miles on it this summer. Cold start video will wait, the ones from inside the storage facility doesn't do it justice (that's where I realize my car's exhaust note is pretty tame haha).

A9F4FFC8-ADDF-4FF1-A379-67664EC874F3.jpeg

Back