2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

I kept her disconnected, in the car, in the dead cold of winter. Storage place I'm in, haven't seen a power socket to keep it on the tender. that's why I want to start to bring it home with me when the car is stored.

And NO, never had to boost the car in the spring, always started right up ;)

My care package from Dasilva racing have arrived ?. Planned installation sometimes next summer (raking the install money now) at the same time as my watts link.
What’s all in the boxes ?? 3.73 gears, complete diff rebuilt kit and,while all is opened and we’re at it, new carbon clutches for the differential ??!! Will be a fun thing to have installed. Now i have to find a good shop In moncton or the area for the installation AND, a shop that won’t mind installing tue watts link at the same time as the rest. Think Taylor has actually a good gear guy, but not familiar with any other shops. Will have to shop around.
E8595348-4D64-432B-91DE-EAAD9D51FDB8.jpeg

Most Ford factory trained techs at dealerships can do gears.
Dealerships actually do fair number of gears on regular basis on trucks.
It’s just not mainstream knowledge.
F150 and super duties that work hard.
Like fleet trucks for Irving Woodland around here.
They simply abuse those in the woods.

But like all trades, within the trade population some are better than others.
Eventually, a few of those techs reveal their ability to do consistent better job.
That’s the one you want to try and get.

Just a side note. I don't remember where now in the last few weeks, but I talked about the fact I had a Lube Locker gasket for the diff for whenever I would open it back up and Gerry have advised me against installing with the Watts link due to the forces the Whiteline system will chuck into the differential cover.
So for my fun I thought, let's call the manufacturer directly and talk it out to see if they even thought about this application and if they know or not if their gasket can be installed. Well, they didn't even want to answer and for actual technical questions referred me to Summit Racing !?!?!

Guess which gasket will be thrown in the big bin? LOL. ?

For the records, I wasn't going to install since Gerry was already thinking it wouldn't hold, I trust him 100%, I wanted to see IF the manufacturer would have anything to say. Well, They can't even answer a technical question on their own product, that says a LOT ......

Install as mentioned a little above will be done sometime in the next season, haven't decided where I would bring it just yet, but I am steering well into Taylor's direction, even if it'll cost a little more from the start, but maybe having better luck of a proper install the first time around! We shall see :)

This weekend was the time to once again, correct the paint of the old lady. Since the first paint correction was performed a little over two years ago, it was now riddled with small swirls and scratches from just your normal driving and taking care activities. Although I am doing the best during the washing process to not get any new scratches or swirls in, with a black car there is no real escape from reality.

Started by washing the car Saturday night with Adam's Strip Wash, to get all the old wax, sealant & protection off of the surface to be able to correct the paint properly.
IMG_2784[1].JPG

Then on Sunday morning, went back to my in law garage and masked the trims that I didn't want to touch during the polishing process. This included trims around the Vert roof, GT500 Mudflaps , mirror/windshield trim and the Bullitt Grill lower section.

IMG_2791[1].JPG

At this point, I was ready to start the polishing process. As mentioned above, the car was only hit with light swirls and very minor scratches, so I elected to use an ''all in one'' polish this time around. I have tried the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish. It corrects the paint, along with installing a protection layer due to being SiO2 (ceramic) infused.

IMG_2807[1].PNG

Yes, this product has black die, hence the use of gloves during the process and a lot of care. Although being messier than the usual polishes, only mess that was made are the polishing pads used. Been careful with the product and it worked very well for me. Here's a little view of what a pad looks like with my usual polish VS the Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish. Believe it or not, it washed to 80% no dye at the end of the day! :)

About this polish. Being an all in one, is only made for removing/correcting light imperfections, which was the case of my car as I assessed it. The black filler is in theory supposed to help the black cars come back to new paint by helping hide the smaller imperfections. I was happy with the results provided by the product. I am not correcting the paint every year, as it removes a very thin layer by doing so, but this is an even safer product to use than what I usually run (which isn't that aggressive either). The paint protection is a well added bonus as well. I will be topping the product tonight with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution Ceramic Spray Sealant, to get +/- 9 months to a year of protection out of the combo and outstanding water beading/sheathing behaviors. Tested this spray sealant on both the Company car and Julie's crosstrek and can safely say it is my new go to for paint protection for a little while now. More on that product if requested in a separate post.

IMG_2794[1].JPG

So here are the results. Obviously, everything looks perfect in pictures. But trust me, a couple of posts back, I had attempted to correct my hood out of excessive scratches at the start of the summer and the results were more than discouraging. I really hoped I would be able to bring it back to life this time, and alive it came back! As they say, proof is in the pudding (or the pictures?) Enjoy!

P.S.: Sorry for the tight, unaesthetic pictures, Julie had her car parked almost in the garage door ... :rolleyes: Video link of walk through to help the pictures out lol.

IMG_2801[1].JPG

IMG_2799[1].JPG

IMG_2797[1].JPG

IMG_2798[1].JPG

IMG_2796[1].JPG

Last edited:
This weekend was the time to once again, correct the paint of the old lady. Since the first paint correction was performed a little over two years ago, it was now riddled with small swirls and scratches from just your normal driving and taking care activities. Although I am doing the best during the washing process to not get any new scratches or swirls in, with a black car there is no real escape from reality.

Started by washing the car Saturday night with Adam's Strip Wash, to get all the old wax, sealant & protection off of the surface to be able to correct the paint properly.
View attachment 40452

Then on Sunday morning, went back to my in law garage and masked the trims that I didn't want to touch during the polishing process. This included trims around the Vert roof, GT500 Mudflaps , mirror/windshield trim and the Bullitt Grill lower section.

View attachment 40453

At this point, I was ready to start the polishing process. As mentioned above, the car was only hit with light swirls and very minor scratches, so I elected to use an ''all in one'' polish this time around. I have tried the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish. It corrects the paint, along with installing a protection layer due to being SiO2 (ceramic) infused.

View attachment 40454

Yes, this product has black die, hence the use of gloves during the process and a lot of care. Although being messier than the usual polishes, only mess that was made are the polishing pads used. Been careful with the product and it worked very well for me. Here's a little view of what a pad looks like with my usual polish VS the Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish. Believe it or not, it washed to 80% no dye at the end of the day! :)

View attachment 40456

So here are the results. Obviously, everything looks perfect in pictures. But trust me, a couple of posts back, I had attempted to correct my hood out of excessive scratches at the start of the summer and the results were more than discouraging. I really hoped I would be able to bring it back to life this time, and alive it came back! As they say, proof is in the pudding (or the pictures?) Enjoy!

P.S.: Sorry for the tight, unaesthetic pictures, Julie had her car parked almost in the garage door ... :rolleyes:

View attachment 40457

View attachment 40458

View attachment 40459

View attachment 40460

View attachment 40461
Looks good? I have to do mine as well , haven't done it since last summer

View attachment 40452

View attachment 40453

View attachment 40454

About this polish. Being an all in one, is only made for removing/correcting light imperfections, which was the case of my car as I assessed it. The black filler is in theory supposed to help the black cars come back to new paint by helping hide the smaller imperfections. I was happy with the results provided by the product. I am not correcting the paint every year, as it removes a very thin layer by doing so, but this is an even safer product to use than what I usually run (which isn't that aggressive either). The paint protection is a well added bonus as well. I will be topping the product tonight with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution Ceramic Spray Sealant, to get +/- 9 months to a year of protection out of the combo and outstanding water beading/sheathing behaviors. Tested this spray sealant on both the Company car and Julie's crosstrek and can safely say it is my new go to for paint protection for a little while now. More on that product if requested in a separate post.

View attachment 40456

P.S.: Sorry for the tight, unaesthetic pictures, Julie had her car parked almost in the garage door ... :rolleyes: Video link of walk through to help the pictures out lol.

View attachment 40457

View attachment 40458

View attachment 40459

View attachment 40460

View attachment 40461
Awesome job, Max. Isn't it funny how we all get our toys to the salon before one of these events! Mine's getting done now. Pics to come later!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and their cars in a couple days!

Looks great Max, I wish I had the time and anility to do that :)

Mine got serious was and detail last week, quick detail one night this week.
Rain Friday, so very dirty driving up on Friday,
Shammie on Sat. Morning. And I will smile as much as anyone LOL

View attachment 40452

View attachment 40453

View attachment 40454

View attachment 40456

View attachment 40457

View attachment 40458

View attachment 40459

View attachment 40460

View attachment 40461
Wow, that looks amazing

Well,

it's the end of season here for me. Brought it into storage this morning around 10h30AM, said goodbye until April 2021, weather permitting there and then. Gave it a thorough wash yesterday as I got two drives in the last two weeks in the pouring rain. (Don't mind the cover, doing recycling since the Focus ST days :) )

To 2021 and new 3.73 install :)

IMG_3090[1].JPG
IMG_3095[1].JPG

IMG_3096[1].JPG

Back