2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Never used one of them things, interesting.

Now will it remove or even help with those wonderful bugs we so often collect on the front of our rides ??
So, with the foam cannon, the wash process goes something like this for me.

- wash wheels
- rinse the whole car
- foam the whole car
- two bucket wash (either after letting most of the foam run, wash right thru the suds OR rinse down and then wash)
- final rinse
- dry

the idea behind the foam step is that it helps to bring any loose contamination out of the surface of the paint and down to the ground. Providing moist/lubrications it does help to loosen up those lovely impromptu passengers, but the hardest to remove can still give a fight any way.
It provides more lubrication during the wash process therefore less chances of accidental scratching. At least it’s the theory behind it. :)

Mine is close....
Heavy foam on dry paint. Let soak a few minutes, then pressure wash foam away. 2 bucket wash either with same snow foam soap or Mother's carnauba wash & wax, if it needs a little top up. Wheels are last with a wheel spray and hand wash with wheel mitt and rinse.

Blow off with gas blower if in a hurry or with Worx cordless blower, then dry. Clean door sills and engine bay finally.

So I thought the foam canon eliminated a step, but it just adds one.
So theory is it removes stuff wash won't, that makes sense for some.
but you guys are anal, it doesn't get dirty enough to need foam,
Max you wash your car is it sits for 3 days lol.

I thought this saved time, you guys are adding time :oops:

I don't add the extra step. Lol

Rinse car and heavy dirt off.
Spray with Foam cannon a heavy coating of soap
Bucket with clean water completly wash all the car that is basically already full of soap anyways. Rinse mit often. Change water if needed. Rinse car. Repeat on wheels with wheel mit. Dry with leaf blower.

Not sure why you guys are complicating it. Lol

Don’t ever go to an automatic car wash that drys your car off then. Same thing just the car washes are actually more powerful.
I remember the automatic car washes.My dad used to go through them in the 70's and 80's and he had scratch marks down both sides of the car from the trip levers.I find a shower squeegee works great on the windows and convertible top then wipe down the rest.

I don’t own a Leaf Blower and have no plans to get one. I dry the car off by getting the majority of the water off with a California water blade and finish with micro fibre cloths including door jambs and trunk lid and sill.

I always keep a few micro fiber cloths in car and wipe up any water that seeps out. Washing and drying my Mustang is a relaxing experience for me ?

I don’t own a Leaf Blower and have no plans to get one. I dry the car off by getting the majority of the water off with a California water blade and finish with micro fibre cloths including door jambs and trunk lid and sill.

I always keep a few micro fiber cloths in car and wipe up any water that seeps out. Washing and drying my Mustang is a relaxing experience for me ?
What's a California water blade?I have a California duster.

Back