What did you do to your mustang today

All set for a few days on the road around the Cabot Trail, then the fall run. Ceramic topped up and hopefully won't be deflecting anything other than some bugs! Rain and road spray....and not wildlife!
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone in Truro.
20200915_111242.jpg20200914_191057.jpg

Received notice today my Borla cat back landed in Montreal from BC.And it was smashed and missing hardware.They are offering me a Magnaflow street exhaust but I have done the research and Magnaflow clamps are no good and they have a drone.I will wait to see if they can locate another Borla system.:(

Dave, the information you have on the Magnaflow having some drone is correct.
It’s not much, but there is a bit.

However, their clamps are very good.
In fact, a well known shop I know subs in Magnaglow clamps with other brand systems because they are better clamps than some of the others.
If you want to know which shop I’m referring to, just ask and I’ll tell. ?

Dave, the information you have on the Magnaflow having some drone is correct.
It’s not much, but there is a bit.

However, their clamps are very good.
In fact, a well known shop I know subs in Magnaglow clamps with other brand systems because they are better clamps than some of the others.
If you want to know which shop I’m referring to, just ask and I’ll tell. ?
The research I did people were throwing the clamps away and welding the pipes together.They supposedly keep loosening up.

I have them on my 06 since 2011 and not one issue.
Been loosened and re-tightened a couple times too.
Last time when I did ported heads like 4 years ago.
No problem since.
They used those on my 2015 last summer to do the H pipe resonator delete.
Still no issue.
Those people need to get tools and tighten them up good. ?

Yah, I knew someone would pick up on that.
That’s a picture from when I brought it home 3 years ago.
I’m heading back out.
I’ll update a new pic later.
It’s got character now.
Less paint on the blades, and even evidence of encounters with hidden rocks.

Since all the controls for hydraulics, throttle, PTO, loader and gear selection are on the right hand side inside the cab, work requiring extra attention is all done with the right side of the mower where the operator can turn to his right and see and control everything.

Work such as mowing ditch banks, the edge of all the fields and along roadways.
As a result, the right blades operate in a higher risk zone for strikes with the ground or hidden obstacles such as grass covered rocks, tree stumps or fallen braches, trees or logs.
Even some items lost or forgotten by humans such as pulp hooks, discarded or forgotten fencing, or old pasture gates.

No matter how careful you are or slow you go, you still can’t see everything under the tall grass and the right side blades do find those items.
Whereas the left side blades are always in a safe and obstacle free zone in the field.

Here are the left side blades.
They’re like new still.

742B5E85-D2CE-4B29-B109-3910F34BCB08.jpeg

Here you see the right side blades showing signs of hitting objects, but they still cut pretty well. No need to replace or sharpen yet.
If you sharpen, you need to weigh each to make sure they wrigh the same for balance.

5692D4D7-0BD1-4AD9-B9EA-84E99739E9DF.jpeg

Here are a couple of examples of mowing a ditch bank.
The side decks or wings will mow lower than the horizontal plane.
They’ll mow from about negative 25 degrees to positive 80 degrees.

91B69E3C-FFCA-4F5F-9D4E-4FB72EC03F8C.jpeg

B2E2E026-543E-4351-AA28-23534E9C8750.jpeg

Last edited:
This mower is capable of mowing brush and small trees up to 2.5 inches in diameter, so along the edge of fields you try to recover or hold ground by mowing raspberry bushes, alders, brush of all kind and small trees.
This further exposes the right side blades to severe duty and the risk of striking objects.

Back