What did you do to your mustang today

Thinking about an oil change..... checked, and its been a year already, but I've only got about 1750 km on it since last August.

Maybe an oil change and park it for the winter Sept 1.

There you go. Good news.
Your car is worth more than you thought.

If you’re not in a hurry, I can probably Pony Express it in person one of these days.
I might even be going down this weekend.

PM me to start a conversation and we can keep in touch.
Sounds good.I've waited this long.I am not sure how to pm on this site.

Well you know what?
I’m not knowledgeable enough to refute that claim.
It’s news to me but not impossible I guess.

You are, or they are right that Motive have that reputation for whining noise.
I was warned about that up front by my shop.

I have also bought Ford Racing before from same shop and they never said anything about A or M designation, but then again that could very well be because they sourced the A parts for me up front to ensure I would get the best result and they don’t need to explain the difference.

In my experience, Ford Racing was quiet, almost stock quality.
I have Motive now and they do nake more noise
In my setup though, I don’t mind
I know they’re still there. ?

I was going off the fact that vast majority of Mustang parts are all made in USA and since Motive is Italian I didn’t think they would be pegged to do stuff for the Americans.

But Ford is an international company and they have partners everywhere.
Anything’s possible.

Note, other than extra noise though, Motive have good reputation for durability.
It’s like race quality stuff.
You know,I was ok with the little hum between 60 and 80km but it started howling over 100k on the highway.I am sure if it was set up right I would have been satisfied.

Yeah Motivé has some good quali
Well you know what?
I’m not knowledgeable enough to refute that claim.
It’s news to me but not impossible I guess.

You are, or they are right that Motive have that reputation for whining noise.
I was warned about that up front by my shop.

I have also bought Ford Racing before from same shop and they never said anything about A or M designation, but then again that could very well be because they sourced the A parts for me up front to ensure I would get the best result and they don’t need to explain the difference.

In my experience, Ford Racing was quiet, almost stock quality.
I have Motive now and they do nake more noise
In my setup though, I don’t mind
I know they’re still there. ?

I was going off the fact that vast majority of Mustang parts are all made in USA and since Motive is Italian I didn’t think they would be pegged to do stuff for the Americans.

But Ford is an international company and they have partners everywhere.
Anything’s possible.

Note, other than extra noise though, Motive have good reputation for durability.
It’s like race quality stuff.
yeah just going by what I read and heard I guess. But who know. Lol.

Motivé does have good stuff. Just seems they do get a bit of a bad rap.

Quick reverse mod today....decided I wasn't happy with the aluminum overflow tank I bought a few years ago and switched back to OEM hand grenade tank. Luckily I still had it, and it didn't go to the landfill like my old springs and coil covers. Difference is, I knew there was no way I was going back to the old springs and black coil covers because they were FP, not aftermarket..

The aluminum tank is a nice piece, but it never really fit as good as I would have liked, there was a rub point between the one hose and the tank, plus there is no way to visually check the coolant level, unless you took the cap off, which was always a drawback. Goddamn thing cost me a small fortune, got it from a sponsor of another site, they were in California, and of course all they did was pack it up and ship it UPS, so I got raped when UPS did the brokerage to get it across the border and send me a second bill that was almost as much as what it cost to buy. Don't even get me started on UPS and brokerage fees. Only consolation is that when I bought it I think our dollar was about at par. lol

Still might get a cover for the stock overflow tank from JLT, they have one that essentially looks OEM, and you can check the coolant level from the side. Incidentally, if memory serves me correctly, JLT does the brokerage up front for Canadian customers, and doesn't ship UPS, another reason I don't mind dealing with them.

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking about an oil change..... checked, and its been a year already, but I've only got about 1750 km on it since last August.

Maybe an oil change and park it for the winter Sept 1.

Better yet.....oil change, coolant flush from orange to yellow (thanks Marc), and maybe..........resonator delete ??? Hmmmmmm.....

My vote is to absolutely do the resonator delete
It frees airflow.
Dyno numbers show +\- 10 hp gain on the Coyotes with that alone.
It drops 30 lbs of weight.
And, you get to chose if you replace with H or X pipe as per your preference.
And the sound increase is barely noticeable. Just a hint more on cold start for 10-15 seconds.
So others won’t even notice if that is your concern.
Your variable exhaust can manage any difference you perceive.

And I think the track pack cars don’t have the resonator. You would just be catching up or equaling to what they have.
I noticed this on two 2017’s.
My cousin's black car and that red with gold stripes I posted last year.
Maybe that was part of the 2017 re-packaging.

I apologize up front if you were not seeking input. ?

Input is always welcomed, thanks Marc, solicited or not, its the lifeblood of a forum !!

I wish Ford Performance would just offer up the piece they have in place on the GT350R, but that is not an option.

MBRP has one for around $260, been considering it, but I'll likely see what my parts guy can source.

I wasn't really thinking horsepower gain or weight savings, to be honest, I thought it would sound even better. lol

I don't know about the Track Pack cars having the resonator delete, I thought it was only the R.

Input is always welcomed, thanks Marc, solicited or not, its the lifeblood of a forum !!

I wish Ford Performance would just offer up the piece they have in place on the GT350R, but that is not an option.

MBRP has one for around $260, been considering it, but I'll likely see what my parts guy can source.

I wasn't really thinking horsepower gain or weight savings, to be honest, I thought it would sound even better. lol

I don't know about the Track Pack cars having the resonator delete, I thought it was only the R.
I am not sure about later models of 350
but early version, only R had the resonator delete.

Back