What did you do to your mustang today

Well, it’s been quite the week. Found out from DaSilva that Borla Exhaust is BO until middle of June. Ugghhh!
Spent an evening this week putting the original exhaust back on. Smoked LED marker lights arrived from CJ Pony Parts, these went on yesterday. Up early this morning, a trip to Tim’s for a hot beverage on a brisk morning.
We all love the Mustang, it seems the “other” car guys recognize the muscle as well. Lots of waves and knods from Camero, Corvette and Challanger when out for a rip. I felt like I was driving my daughters Jeep and that “Jeep Cult” wave and acknowledgement! HaHa.

Attachments

• 71A47F6C-B958-43E4-9D46-6FF7730BF1E5.png
    71A47F6C-B958-43E4-9D46-6FF7730BF1E5.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 8
  • A4AF8F4A-CFE9-4F0E-8F0B-97BDF29CCF1D.jpeg
    A4AF8F4A-CFE9-4F0E-8F0B-97BDF29CCF1D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
I ordered stuff for the roof. Should be in Tuesday. ragg top. Is that what you use Gerry?
Yes Ragg top is what I use - that’s what the top manufacturer recommended when I had it replaced a few years ago. I have the stuff for the fabric roof now - seems to work well when you keep on top of it. I missed a couple of years - knew better but time went past so now to catch up

Yes Ragg top is what I use - that’s what the top manufacturer recommended when I had it replaced a few years ago. I have the stuff for the fabric roof now - seems to work well when you keep on top of it. I missed a couple of years - knew better but time went past so now to catch up
OK cool. I heard good things. Will be my first go at it with that product.

Many words - I know I should have taken pictures. Work on a cloudy day to wash the top , your top is black so will dry fast in the sun. Wet the car top and the whole car , spray cleaner on and use soft bristle brush - (horsehair ,Mustang,pony? Lol) to clean the top . You may have to do several times. Rinse well - rinse again - and again. Once top is dry - now the sun works for us it’s time for the protectant .

I spray the protectant when the car is inside the garage so I don’t have to worry about the wind.

I opened the car windows about 1” and released the top latches and put a 2” block to hold the roof open a bit and put some old blankets over the windshield / hood under the unlatched roof, through the side windows over the doors and across the trunk to keep the overspray off the rest of the car. I taped up the trim around the car / roof as well to allow me to get good coverage at the bottom . Spray light coats - alternate directions between coats, front to back, then side to side to get better coverage , let dry 15+ min between coats. I may have went a bit heavy as I just got 3 coats from the can .Clean the spray off the windows or trim before it dries each time . With the roof released the fabric is not tight to the trim so you can get the normally hidden places treated as well.

Took the Mustang out for a run.Found the Borla s-type exhaust too loud on the highway.Put car back in the garage.Going to install resonators.
Did you install Catbacks or Axle Backs? Since I put the original Ford Exhaust back on, it sounds pretty decent. Since Borla Catbacks are BO until June, DaSilva said Axle Backs are readily available. I was considering putting Axle Backs. Thoughts from this group?

May the 4th be with You!
The Coil Covers took me over a week to paint. Multiple passes of different colors. I still need to add clear on top, but I’m happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• CA8AC535-3844-4DFE-A409-9EA7D82CC913.jpeg
    CA8AC535-3844-4DFE-A409-9EA7D82CC913.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • C87CCF21-BC87-44CD-9C53-69B453DEAB38.jpeg
    C87CCF21-BC87-44CD-9C53-69B453DEAB38.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • A71A8298-6E66-4CE6-8FF2-454D5E95C678.jpeg
    A71A8298-6E66-4CE6-8FF2-454D5E95C678.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 209254D4-D29C-4613-A66E-B321D74B85D1.jpeg
    209254D4-D29C-4613-A66E-B321D74B85D1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
For your exhaust question.
I would do the axle back without hesitation.
Reason is you will retain the sound of your H pipe which is deeper tone than the X pipe that comes with the cat back system.

The factory Mustang exhaust is full stainless and good quality. No real need to swap out one stainless pipe for another stainless pipe.

Since the cat back comes in behind the catalytics without eliminating these, there won’t be any noticeable performance difference because most of your restriction is in the catalytic converters.
In this application the different mufflers affect sound more than performance.
It’s still very close to stock.

Also you will save money.

Only if you had long tube headers and other supporting mods does the debatable conversation apply to wether or not an X pipe may be worth 1 or 2 extra hp over an H pipe.

Otherwise, the biggest difference between H an d X pipes is the sound difference.

“Chose wisely, you may... my young Padawan”! ?

Back