What did you do to your mustang today

So what have I done to my Mustang today, mmmm interesting ??

Well spent half the day on the phone with Service (or today No Service) New Brunswick trying to get that damn car plated. There is no way in hell that I can find someone to help me get this done with Covid hanging around. :mad: :mad::mad: Even spoke with some head of DPS employee from Motor Vehicle in Fredericton who has no desire to help me out whatsoever, and at least if she had a personality it would not have been so frustrating, but she didn't !! So car remains in storage until Covid situation improves, could take two years, who knows ???

So what have I done to my Mustang today, mmmm interesting ??

Well spent half the day on the phone with Service (or today No Service) New Brunswick trying to get that damn car plated. There is no way in hell that I can find someone to help me get this done with Covid hanging around. :mad: :mad::mad: Even spoke with some head of DPS employee from Motor Vehicle in Fredericton who has no desire to help me out whatsoever, and at least if she had a personality it would not have been so frustrating, but she didn't !! So car remains in storage until Covid situation improves, could take two years, who knows ???
Here I think they have let some things like safety inspections go beyond the expiry date. But I feel your pain, not much different here. The odd time you can get a reaction to a comments. But most of the time it's by the book.

That is strange. I spoke to a couple different people that had seasonal plates and renewed on the phone. They emailed insurance card while on the phone then they got a piece of paper for their windshields and are good to go. Sucks that you got someone with no interest to help you. I was told nb is filling the same as NS right now. Not enforcing plates. But who knows for sure?

Martin was in the same boat as you Roger, wanting to convert discontinued Seasonal plate for a regular plate. He got it sorted out, it’s not Rocket Science for Pete’s Sake ?

Contact your Local MLA and lodge an Official Complaint.

They let the plate expiry go a couple of months but safety inspections were never extended.I just had my 2nd one done today and another one to do next month.The plates should be handled on the phone or by appointment.This is crazy that you are getting the run around.What happens if your plate gets lost or stolen.

Yep you are all correct, for those with plates expiring March to June the renewing of plates has been extended till end of June but it is still possible to renew over the phone or online. But for this to take place you need to physically have possession of your plate, mine they took back not knowing that this Covid thing would pop up. Now no one knows where my old one is and they will not issue a temp plate on the phone or online, apparently I need to go to the branch itself in order to accomplish this, but now since Monday most things are closing back up in this area.................timing sucks I would just say ?? Also left message today with there call centre but no one got back to me, yet anyways ??
But boy the lady I spoke to at head office in Fredericton today must not like her job very much, wow what a cold attitude. Even my charm could not get through her, man I must be losing my edge here ?? lol lol lol ;)

That's pretty rough treatment over a license plate.If they can't find where you returned the old one you would think they would mark it as lost.Just keep on them and you might reach an agent who has common sense and make this a simple fix as should be.If all else fails could be a good excuse to buy a new Mustang!Good luck and keep the faith.

I would call again tomorrow and pray for different person.
If same one, before you say who you are, tell her out its you.
Is anyone there with a personality lol.
depending on how that goes, you may have to hang up and try again.

The words in my head are not aloud on a family friend forum such as this :LOL:

Yep you are all correct, for those with plates expiring March to June the renewing of plates has been extended till end of June but it is still possible to renew over the phone or online. But for this to take place you need to physically have possession of your plate, mine they took back not knowing that this Covid thing would pop up. Now no one knows where my old one is and they will not issue a temp plate on the phone or online, apparently I need to go to the branch itself in order to accomplish this, but now since Monday most things are closing back up in this area.................timing sucks I would just say ?? Also left message today with there call centre but no one got back to me, yet anyways ??
But boy the lady I spoke to at head office in Fredericton today must not like her job very much, wow what a cold attitude. Even my charm could not get through her, man I must be losing my edge here ?? lol lol lol ;)
So you were not mailed your new plate last fall? How did they get your seasonal plate, without giving you the new one? Hope someone can help you tomorrow, i would keep calling . I was mailed my new replacement plate last fall , think I got it a couple weeks after i stored it.. this spring i just called +1 506-433-9860 and said i wanted to renew , they asked if I was mailed the new plate and I said yes.. asked if i had insurance and just asked for the policy number and expiration.. took my card info and was done , she didn't even ask for the old seasonal plate back.. good luck

Rog, that sucks. Like Charlie I just phoned and they did it over the phone and my person did not even need me to send the plate or proof of insurance to them, they mailed the new plate and stickers straight away, express courier got to me in 2 days.

Agree, try phoning again and hopefully get someone differently. Also worth keeping in mind that they do not have to have the old plate to issue the new one.

Reason they kept my plate was because there was a small misprint in it. Returned it end of March or beginning of April if my memory serves me right and they were sure it would be in on time. But Mr. Covid then showed up and things turned sour..................So now with Offices closing, long wait periods on helplines, shortage of staff etc etc, everything is becoming complicated. So no problem getting a temp plate as they are telling me but someone has to issue it to me in person by what I can gather, and nobody seems to be able to just mail me one ??? Don't really know why though, they mailed all my other stuff ?? So last night I reached out to an old friend that works there but now re-assigned to Covid hotline, says she will look into what she can do for me ?? Good thing I'm quite busy lately and it helps not missing cruising time too too much, but frustrating that I cannot line things up for upcoming nice weather !!
And yes Dave really thought of getting a new ride, but bank account didn't seem to agree to much...........lol lol, not to mention better half's opinion.
Now a P.E.I. plate, interresting............... lol lol

That's right I remember you said the personal plate was misspelled.That would make things much harder.I was thinking it was just a case of trading in a seasonal plate.You are right though they should be able to mail a temporary permit until the plate comes in.Someone has dropped the ball somewhere.

Reason they kept my plate was because there was a small misprint in it. Returned it end of March or beginning of April if my memory serves me right and they were sure it would be in on time. But Mr. Covid then showed up and things turned sour..................So now with Offices closing, long wait periods on helplines, shortage of staff etc etc, everything is becoming complicated. So no problem getting a temp plate as they are telling me but someone has to issue it to me in person by what I can gather, and nobody seems to be able to just mail me one ??? Don't really know why though, they mailed all my other stuff ?? So last night I reached out to an old friend that works there but now re-assigned to Covid hotline, says she will look into what she can do for me ?? Good thing I'm quite busy lately and it helps not missing cruising time too too much, but frustrating that I cannot line things up for upcoming nice weather !!
And yes Dave really thought of getting a new ride, but bank account didn't seem to agree to much...........lol lol, not to mention better half's opinion.
Now a P.E.I. plate, interresting............... lol lol
I'm told if you do this you will be ok..
20149799_20_600_450.jpg

Got MVI and oil change done today on 2006.
8 litres of fresh synthetic and Ford Racing filter.

Took advantage of situation and installed driver side JLT catch can.
It’s a remote setup because the one they make with shorter plumbing only works with the OE intake manifold.

It does not work with this aftermarket intake.

28051816-9718-446A-9E99-F44134C99D3C.jpeg

96586234-171E-4CA1-A770-605AB7BF8B1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back