Tire suggestions/Mod discussions

Well I got the rears on last night. I used the vaseline trick Trevor. Thanks for the hint.

I love the look of them and cannot wait until the fronts come in next week. Some quick pictures. Old ones are on the front. Using the old ones forsize comparisons as well. Currently looking for more horsepower if anyone has some for sale. Lol

83EB5F29-C0E4-4F55-9C90-CB9481EED976.jpeg2A081CBF-F0B3-4BFB-8375-7AF147614CF7.jpeg5FAB6D63-007C-4784-9D1E-FC6EC3B345EC.jpegE19C217B-6148-4DA8-83B4-EF05359CDE32.jpeg04A7ED50-E938-49EA-A0CC-D3EE4914B1A9.jpeg2028F9F8-A03F-4F85-B013-C6E5DE024678.jpeg

Well I got the rears on last night. I used the vaseline trick Trevor. Thanks for the hint.

I love the look of them and cannot wait until the fronts come in next week. Some quick pictures. Old ones are on the front. Using the old ones forsize comparisons as well. Currently looking for more horsepower if anyone has some for sale. Lol

View attachment 38382View attachment 38383View attachment 38384View attachment 38385View attachment 38386View attachment 38387
I bet you are just going crazy that you have to wait till fronts are on

Look really good, ya waiting always sucks, but going to be nice set up.

HP Charlie, NP so many options, more than willing to help you spend your money :)
Tells what you got now and we can start with options,
Few years till big HP, or pony up and have it next spring.
All options are available, get the credit card ready ?

Look really good, ya waiting always sucks, but going to be nice set up.

HP Charlie, NP so many options, more than willing to help you spend your money :)
Tells what you got now and we can start with options,
Few years till big HP, or pony up and have it next spring.
All options are available, get the credit card ready ?
Haha yeah I have a feeling the big HP may have r wait for a little bit.

When I was doing research on my 08 and looking at budgets.
Obviously SC or Turbo is the fast way. Even that you could
put together a list and start looking for parts and do one for less
by buying as you find it and in couple years, you install.

But another option is start to build the engine.
Heads, cams, injectors, intakes, exhausts
can all add power and can be done in sections.
Likely a bit less than an SC in cost and HP.
But does not all have to be done one shot.

thats the fast version, but when looking into is
100 + HP

Remember I did my SC for $4300 Cad. Including trip to dyno.

Buy big kit is not the only option.

My bolt ons have gained approx 75rwhp...wish I had a pre-mod dyno to complain numbers. Just improved the air in, air out....

CAI and catback exhaust first season, as I wasn't sure how far out of pocket and extreme I wanted to go. Then TB and intake manifold. Next was longtubes and midpipes.

Don't see building it out any further, as I don't get as much opportunity here to put stress on the current setup to justify going any deeper.

Well.....there's Trevor spending some of my $$......
Will I remove heads and Boss manifold this fall and send out to get ported? Gee, didn't have that in mind til I read the last post! Might as well go forged bottom and top end, while I'm at it....

You guys are absolutely no help!

OK for Now Gerry I will look for some stickers. Haha

Yeah I have the normal bolt ons: headers, h pipe, exhaust,cold air, tune, etc. I have tinkered with the cams and would love a set some day. I know that my car has PI heads so I would need to look at what could be gained there as well.

I agree I need to chose wisely and keep drivability in mind as well.

Trevor you got into your Supercharger very cheap. I have heard and read plenty of stories of the opposite.

Aaron are you just realizing now there are all kinds of us us here eager to help spend someone else money? Haha.

Nothing wrong with ideas. Lol

Hopefully my current setup and 4:10's can turn my new tires for now while I dream a bit LOL

OK for Now Gerry I will look for some stickers. Haha

Yeah I have the normal bolt ons: headers, h pipe, exhaust,cold air, tune, etc. I have tinkered with the cams and would love a set some day. I know that my car has PI heads so I would need to look at what could be gained there as well.

I agree I need to chose wisely and keep drivability in mind as well.

Trevor you got into your Supercharger very cheap. I have heard and read plenty of stories of the opposite.

Aaron are you just realizing now there are all kinds of us us here eager to help spend someone else money? Haha.

Nothing wrong with ideas. Lol

Hopefully my current setup and 4:10's can turn my new tires for now while I dream a bit LOL

The 4;10 gears are the biggest bang for the buck Charlie ?

Back