Tire suggestions/Mod discussions

There is actually no harm in keeping your exhaust for now as exhaust ie one of the few mods that can be done at any time and independently if anything else.

So a first step, if we go back to the threads, could be cams, a quality high flow CAI and custom tune.

The LT’s will still do their thing if added later.
Just be aware that they will require a tune as well, so money saved up front may be diminished by need to get another tune.
Yeah true enough. Can be done at anytime.

I am going to steer towards the Comp Cams as they seem to have the best reviews for our 2v motors. Not that there is anything wrong with other brands.

I looked quickly and JLT has great reviews for the 2v. Hope they come on sale sometimes. Lol.

Yeah I know the tunes are a given for some of those mods for sure.

Last edited:
Wow thanks everyone so far. Awesome feedback. I will need to ho and re read all of the post again.

Marc, it is not that I don't want to make and exhaust change. I know I will have to at some point. Just trying to avoid it for the short term but I get the reasoning for sure.

I love my 4.10 and hopefully I can leave them on moving forward.

I thought of the cold air as well. I will do some research on the 2v.

I would love to add close to another 100hp if at all possible N/A so that is my goal. It is also over time so I am not opposed to grabbing some slightly used stuff that will work for what I want.

I appreciate all the input and love the help in spending the money. Lol
I exchanged my k&N for and JLT this spring ..i did notice a bit more low end.. i drove home from storage with K&N and then when i was setting up coilovers i put in the JLT and switched my tune that Pete did for me and did a coupe test drives around the block

Last edited:
I exchanged my k&N for and JLT this spring ..i did notice i bit more low end.. i drove home from storage with K&N and then when i was setting up coilovers i put in the JLT and switched my tune that Pete did for me and did a a coupe test drives around the block
Yeah I have been reading some reviews. They seem to make a difference. Glad you had good results

This Friday would have been the start of the dyno weekend.. i will miss it for sure, the drive down, the time with like minded people and of course the tuning at Pete's. I was planning on doing long tubes and cams this spring for Pete to dial in for me , but the lay off and lack of $ i didn't even get to order them yet, however I did spent just over $1500 on suspension in the last few weeks and hope to get the camber plates tomorrow and get the car out of the garage finally.
Yea, Al....gonna be missed this spring. I doubt you and Doug were planning another full cavity search at the border this time around!

Charlie the great thing about threads like this.
Great info for anyone.
The mods can be done as budget allows.
When you get it all tied together with custom tune,
you will see the best out of money spent.

I touched on this once, but good for folks to remember.
Brakes should be on list when adding HP.
Stock brakes are ok, but you will notice now,
sometimes stopping in hurry is tough.
With added HP, everything happens faster, except stopping.
Always wise to keep in mind.

Another worth while upgrade anytime one is trying to improve performance

I am enjoying this topic. hope many more like in the future.

Great info for anyone.

Yes I agree. Some great reading material and I have already started the blue print. Budget is definitely blown for this year but I will definitely do some research and take all opinions.

Like Roger said would be nice to win some money.

Brakes yes that is true.will look at those as well.

I would.like to do cams first but will see how it all goes. A new cold air.......

Yes I agree. Some great reading material and I have already started the blue print. Budget is definitely blown for this year but I will definitely do some research and take all opinions.

Like Roger said would be nice to win some money.

Brakes yes that is true.will look at those as well.

I would.like to do cams first but will see how it all goes. A new cold air.......
We US dollar where its at, saving awhile likely a good move anyway.Hopefully by time your ready for next mod
it will be better and ease the pain.

160 RWHP NA Increase on 06 is very impressive Marc ??

Thanks Fred.
I rounded up a bit.
I think it’s more like 157 on 91 octane tune and 159 on 93.
Real good gas up here at the Shell truck stop.

My goal was 160 when I started so it would give me total of 460, or 100 per litre of displacement. 460 for 4.6 litre.
That would be on par with GT350 with just over 100 per litre. 526 for 5.2 litre.

We got pretty close. So close that I could still get it but I decided it was good enough.
First thing that would get it is deleting cats but then I would not be legal for NB inspection.
And the Shelby has cats so I want to be able to say I have cats.
Second thing would be an electric water pump but there too Shelby does not have one of those, so I want to follow suit.
Third thing, we’re so close that we could fool the Dyno by putting lighter wheels on the back for the pulls.
My pulls were done with the SVT 2007 Shelby wheels and 285 section tires.
It turns out those are pretty heavy wheels within the industry.
Tough but heavy.
A lighter forged wheel and narrower, lighter tire would likely get me to the number but that would be like cheating.

The numbers I have are as the car sits.
Not a number for the sake of a number.

Great info for anyone.

Definitely do consider brakes and suspension with added power.
This is very good advice that I meant to reiterate earlier but forgot.
I take my own advice on this.
I had full suspension and brakes done before the ported heads and big cams.

More braking ability and brake cooling are considerations with added power.

Strictly speaking Mustang, I think the biggest weakness is suspension and handling.
For all the power in a GT, they really don’t handle well in stock form.

Thanks Fred.
I rounded up a bit.
I think it’s more like 157 on 91 octane tune and 159 on 93.
Real good gas up here at the Shell truck stop.

My goal was 160 when I started so it would give me total of 460, or 100 per litre of displacement. 460 for 4.6 litre.
That would be on par with GT350 with just over 100 per litre. 526 for 5.2 litre.

We got pretty close. So close that I could still get it but I decided it was good enough.
First thing that would get it is deleting cats but then I would not be legal for NB inspection.
And the Shelby has cats so I want to be able to say I have cats.
Second thing would be an electric water pump but there too Shelby does not have one of those, so I want to follow suit.
Third thing, we’re so close that we could fool the Dyno by putting lighter wheels on the back for the pulls.
My pulls were done with the SVT 2007 Shelby wheels and 285 section tires.
It turns out those are pretty heavy wheels within the industry.
Tough but heavy.
A lighter forged wheel and narrower, lighter tire would likely get me to the number but that would be like cheating.

The numbers I have are as the car sits.
Not a number for the sake of a number.
You did achieve some great numbers Marc. Nice to see you pretty much madE it to your goal.

Definitely do consider brakes and suspension with added power.
This is very good advice that I meant to reiterate earlier but forgot.
I take my own advice on this.
I had full suspension and brakes done before the ported heads and big cams.

More braking ability and brake cooling are considerations with added power.

Strictly speaking Mustang, I think the biggest weakness is suspension and handling.
For all the power in a GT, they really don’t handle well in stock form.
Yeah I have thought of the brakes as mentioned.

I did some suspension work already to address the body roll a bit.

So far I have Steeda Sport lowering springs, Billsteen Shocks and Struts, Eibach Front And Rear Sway Bars. Next up probably a set of Maximum Motorsports Control Arms in the rear. What I have done so far has completely changed the way the car handles since we got it.

Yeah I have thought of the brakes as mentioned.

I did some suspension work already to address the body roll a bit.

So far I have Steeda Sport lowering springs, Billsteen Shocks and Struts, Eibach Front And Rear Sway Bars. Next up probably a set of Maximum Motorsports Control Arms in the rear. What I have done so far has completely changed the way the car handles since we got it.

What you have done to your suspension is already very good.
Noticeable improvement.
Ready for more power that’s for sure.
Control arms are a logical next step but not mandatory at this point.
Your finances could now switch to brakes or power.
Control arms will snug up the axle.
Like control wheel hop, improve traction and make it more solid or linear under the car.
They will not contribute to controlling body roll or pitch-dive.

Yeah brakes are tricky. Do I go Cobra?? Need to research what most are doing I guess.

Power control arms? Not sure have ever heard of those. They go by another name?

Also as I have a vert and still enjoy the Sunday drives and being able to talk to my Co pilot I wonder how the long tubes will affect the noise. Any of you ever regret it? I know with every change there are sacrifices. Lol

Back