Thought of the day.

Did they declare July to be cut off a truck month? In 2 weeks of driving a tandem dump truck I’ve probably been dangerously cut off by cars 6 times a day, they don’t seem to realize that 34000 kg don’t stop on a dime and that getting hit by that will ruin their day amd mine much worse than taking 2 minutes longer to get there.

Did they declare July to be cut off a truck month? In 2 weeks of driving a tandem dump truck I’ve probably been dangerously cut off by cars 6 times a day, they don’t seem to realize that 34000 kg don’t stop on a dime and that getting hit by that will ruin their day amd mine much worse than taking 2 minutes longer to get there.
You can put a little car decal for each one you take out from their stupidity on your fender.

Not impressed with MacPhee Ford in Dartmouth, I received permission from Senior Management to look into a new 2021 GT premium convertible so I went in to the dealer with a build sheet from the Ford web site. The salesman said he would get someone to price it and get back to me. That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting. To be fair I did tell him that I was in the investigative stage and I wasn't sure that I was going to buy but I still feel he should have gotten back to me

That's a little frustrating, with the salesman saying he'll "get someone to price it", he can shift the blame for any delays or lack of response to that anonymous "someone". That being said, I honestly have no idea how busy car salesman are these days with very little inventory to sell. When I was down for my brakes on the truck last week, my sales guy said he had 20 orders on his desk, and only two new F150's on the lot.

But, regardless of how busy the guy was, whether its investigative or not, the salesman should have taken ownership of it instead of handing it off to "someone". That kind of bugs me, which is why I typically like to get names so people have some accountability.

Call Macphee, speak to Katlin, Stehen or ask to speak to sales
Manager, Don Macleod, tell them I sent you and your from Maritime Mustang.
this should help.

I know there is a shortage of cars, not sure what they have if anything for Mustangs
or the wait list, but its rough ordering anything.

Call Macphee, speak to Katlin, Stehen or ask to speak to sales
Manager, Don Macleod, tell them I sent you and your from Maritime Mustang.
this should help.

I know there is a shortage of cars, not sure what they have if anything for Mustangs
or the wait list, but its rough ordering anything.
Thanks. I was told 12-14 weeks from order to delivery, heck if I was a dealer I’d just order my build sheet knowing that if I didn’t take it someone else would

What Trevor said is accurate.
That 12 to 14 weeks is if all goes well and they have microchips for it.

They are still not building some Broncos ordered last year for lack of microchips.
And if they are built they are sitting in a parking lot waiting for microchips.
We’re still waiting for a Mach 1 that was ordered over the winter.

I’m surprised they would still have allocations for 2021 Mustangs.
That means they didn’t order all of them in winter for spring delivery.
Because Mustangs don’t typically sell in October or November.
They sell in May, June, July and your are a prime example of that.
Then again, MacPhee is a large dealer so they get more allocations.

Not all salespersons know if the dealership still has current year allocations on some models as would be required here, or how much discount, if any, the dealership is willing to offer up front.
Such an order will inevitably cross the sales managers desk before it is placed and before the salesperson can call you back.
To Mike’s point, the initial sales rep you spoke to could have explained that to you better.
And then even if there was a delay in the process should have gotten back to you to keep you informed.

Your trust in him has now been broken.
You’re not deep into this process so, under the circumstances and to Trevor’s point, your requesting a different salesperson is understandable and should be fairly easy to accommodate.

Last edited:
I have no clue what your build sheet looks like.
But depending on your flexibility and if you want the car this summer or for fall run, we have a 2021GT/CS vert in premium trim on the lot.
Race red and auto, with variable exhaust.
I can post a few pics and the window sticker tomorrow for you.

Now that bubble is open, delivery or pickup is easy if we sell to you.
If you insist on buying from MacPhee, the two sales managers will have to discuss what we are willing to accept as trade in return.
Dealer trades are practically non existant these days because of all the shortages.
No one wants to give up anything.

Everyone wants F150’s but no one willing to give any of the few they have, if they have any.

I have no clue what your build sheet looks like.
But depending on your flexibility and if you want the car this summer or for fall run, we have a 2021GT/CS vert in premium trim on the lot.
Race red and auto, with variable exhaust.
I can post a few pics and the window sticker tomorrow for you.

Now that bubble is open, delivery or pickup is easy if we sell to you.
If you insist on buying from MacPhee, the two sales managers will have to discuss what we are willing to accept as trade in return.
Dealer trades are practically non existant these days because of all the shortages.
No one wants to give up anything.

Everyone wants F150’s but no one willing to give any of the few they have, if they have any.
That sounds almost perfect except for one small detail, I really want a standard. Thank you

The down side to such shortages, there are no deals,
if trading, they can up your trade due to shortages
and high price for used right now also.

But getting a deal on something no one has and is hard
to get, good luck with that. Not greatest time to buy
any kind of toys lol. supply and demand.

Back