Thought of the day.

So I contacted Stephen at MacPhee as per Trevor's suggestion with what I wanted. He got back to me very quickly and explained that Ford wasn't building any more Mustangs this year and that the info for the 2022 builds wasn't out yet. Ive decided to wait for the 2022 models so I can get exactly what I want.

That’s what I thought the other day but did not say it out right.
I knew we could not order anymore for 2021 due to all allocations used up.

I did not want to burst your bubble until MacPhee confirmed for themselves, but figured you’d be looking at 2022 for such an order.

Still, it’s going to be exciting for you to order and receive exactly what you want.

Get on them next February so they order then for an April or early May delivery.
You’ll have it for the season.

That’s typically when dealers put their orders in.
But contact them so they don’t forget your order and then be out of allocations later.

So I contacted Stephen at MacPhee as per Trevor's suggestion with what I wanted. He got back to me very quickly and explained that Ford wasn't building any more Mustangs this year and that the info for the 2022 builds wasn't out yet. Ive decided to wait for the 2022 models so I can get exactly what I want.
I was going to say that. Someone on here just got a 2021 in black instead of his red. he tried going thru with modifying a dealer allotment and it ended up being pushed to next year delivery or at least late fall/year delivery. good for you if you can jump on the 2022 list super early, nice looking build sheet for sure.

When I see Don, I will ask him when he gets his allocations for next year to let me know.
That way you can be early on the list to get what you want.

"More like Pinto's" is a click bait banner if I ever read one, this whole deal has been a contentious issue since 2016.

I fall directly into this whole debate, as I've got a '16 with the Technology Pack.

Personally, I don't really GAF, I've never had issues with the car going limp mode, but then again I don't track my car, and I'm happy with that.

Much like my truck, I always say that when you're making the payments on my vehicles, I'll drive it like you think I should. lol

That article saying that the lack of coolers in the 2016's was a profit measure by Ford is bullshit.

Adding the coolers to the 2017 also added $10k to the base price of the car.......are you telling me 2017 buyers got $10k worth of coolers?

Not ripping on you in the least Dave, but that article is a little over the top as far as playing up the drama.

Pinto's were proven to result in people dying, the only thing that died when a '16 GT350 went into limp mode was the owners ego. :LOL:

I'll concede that hyping the "Track Ready" thing might have been wrong, but thats not the first time advertising has lied to the public.

Last edited:
Yes it is a great injustice to compare any Mustang to a 4 cyl Pinto.People are going to make it sound worse than it is so they might have a better chance to get money out of Ford.I'd take one of those Pintos anyday!I'm sure any track people have added coolers to them by now.

I like to go to the track.
I would have been pissed too to be in that situation at the track.

But then again, as many well prepared track dogs, I would not have ever bought anything less than a track pack unit.

I would have forgone the tech in favour of the coolers.
It’s in my DNA.

So the guys that bought those tech package cars intending to track them ate a big piece of naive and gullible pie before they made their purchase.
They weren’t well educated on tracking cars.
It was no secret that you got one or the other but not both.
There was enough information to make an informed decision.

I know what I would have done.

Comparing to Pinto is excessive.

Last edited:
So the guys that bought those tech package cars intending to track them ate a big piece of naive and gullible pie before they made their purchase.
They weren’t well educated on tracking cars.
It was no secret that you got one or the other but not both.
There was enough information to make an informed decision.

I'm not blowing sunshine up your ass Marc, but that statement is dead on point, and well said.

I debated all four models ( Base, Track , Tech & even the R ) , weighed pros and cons of what each model had for features, where they landed with the price point and found the Tech fit my needs best.

No pie on my plate. lol

Had I waited until 2017, it's likely I wouldn't be driving one as the $10k increase in base price put it out of my comfort zone.

The artiicle and law suit is a bit over the top, many fixes came quickly
for those who truely wanted to track the tech package,
17 model seen Ford change the packages to eliminate the issue.

I tend to agree if wanting to trakc a car, ordering the trakc package would have made sense.
It was sad they went into limp mode, but even then it was only in excessive heat.
IE: texas and places like that.

Want to sue Ford do it over that Piece of crap 4 door SUV they call a Mustang :p

Well the 2.3 Ecoboost Premium seems to have a limiter of 190 km/h which I hit twice. Best I can get stock. Scary part was the first time when all of a sudden, when the limit is reached the engine drops power, the steering starts to get fuzzy on the change in momentum. Done with that foolishness in this car anyway.

Back