Thought of the day.

Get out of lock up today full parole, no restrictions. Other than restocking the fridge and cupboard, a good walk in the fresh air is about it before diving back into work and Corona calls...

Partner in crime here really feels safer just staying put and not getting exposed to people. 2 more cases here late yesterday and only logical the number will go up over the weekend.

Glad to see a sunny day!

Get out of lock up today full parole, no restrictions. Other than restocking the fridge and cupboard, a good walk in the fresh air is about it before diving back into work and Corona calls...

Partner in crime here really feels safer just staying put and not getting exposed to people. 2 more cases here late yesterday and only logical the number will go up over the weekend.

Glad to see a sunny day!
I roamed around yard today already, little work in office.

well you made it two weeks and didn't hurt each other,
fact wife didn't take you out says a lot for her self restraint :)

Worked last 4 days ending this morning. Sunny and warmer here today so got up and did maintenance on tractor this afternoon then cut the snow banks at the road so we can see traffic coming when we leave driveway, still have lots of that white stuff. We were advised of first case of virus in town yesterday so it's hitting people a bit more and not much moving around in streets, looks almost like a ghost town. Sucks as gas is really cheap but have nowhere's to go............lol

Got Saturday work done in the garage, a second air hose reel added for the new bay and a remote -air actuated - air supply shut off for the two reels . Looks like I’ll have time to clean the mess. With the work from home plan I've gained 2+ Hours a day of free time , by not leaving the house at 6:30 am and getting home at 5:45 pm.

One of my friends have built himself a home made version of this. Subaru Impreza dash with the passenger side cut (to reduce the size in it's room), Logitech steering wheel, shifter & pedal assembly (cannot remember the exact model), sparco steering if I recall properly(on the logitech unit), Honda civic seat, budget built (kijiji special) gaming PC strong enough to run Assetto Corsa and Dirt, wired to a 3 screens setup as well.
Took him the better part of last year to build and fix the bugs and all that. Better part of it? functionning Subaru Impreza tach (i mean, RPM, speed, gas, ETC ETC!). He even went and installed little sub woofers under the seat to recreate when you hit something with the car or roll over stuff, things like that!!
Pretty damn neat for a custom DYI setup I must say. I'll see if I can scavenge a picture somewheres... might be hards as i closed my facebook account last week lol :p (but kept messenger running, for those who have me on there to communicate).

Made these displays Friday for the people distracting themselves from self-isolation buy driving around and checking out dealer lots.

Three 2020 models all in corporate appropriate blue.
F150, Ranger and new Escape.

026CAF45-7514-4D79-99A0-FED3E1CDDBA0.jpeg

Display of Super Duty trucks, all crew cabs and all 6.7L diesels.
From right to left.
2018 trade-in. F250 XLT, 8 ft box.
2019 commercial lease return. F350 Lariat, 6.5 ft box.
2019 new. F350 XLT, 8 ft box.
2020 new. F350 King Ranch, 6.5 ft box.

There is no overabundance of supply.
We’ve already had several dealerships call wanting the red 2019.
The current situation is not helping either.

554A03DD-5401-4D44-9DB6-CE00297A09FE.jpeg

Caught up on some reading yesterday after long walk in snowshoe trails with dog.

Anyway, read the 2020 Performance Car Of The Year (PCOTY) issue of Road and Track and they declared the Hyundai Veloster N the winner.
Contrary to previous years, they did not declare second and third place finishers.

It bested the C8 Corvette Stingray, a McClaren 600LT roadster, a new Porsche 911 S, a new Lotus Elise and the Mazda Miata RF.
Apparently real fun to drive.
Way up there on bang for buck scale.

Biggest knock against the Corvette, for those curious, was the transmission.
It’s a dual clutch 8 speed.
It apparently did not shift fast and got confused sometimes.
Disclaimer for GM though, the car was a pre-production unit.
The only thing they had available. Possibility the final product will be better sorted out.

The GT500 was not part of the test.
Ford did not release one to journalists in time for the test.
Hopefully it makes next year’s test.
Maybe they wanted to avoid the Corvette experience.
Smart.

That test started in 2014 and I’ve read all of them.
To be eligible, a performance or sports car must be new or significantly updated for the model year.
Manufacturers are invited to supply the car.
Sometimes they decline.
Aston Martin declined to supply a new DB9, I think, this year.
Others like the Shelby were just not available in time for the test.

Anyway, Ford products had a good run the first three years of the test.
In 2014, the Fiesta ST was declared runner up.
In 2015, the then new Mustang GT was also declared runner up.
In 2016, the GT350R won the whole thing.
Ford has not had eligible cars since until now with the 500.

Last edited:
Back