Thought of the day.

They want you to buy the tickets online. All I play is Lotto Max and 6/49, 1 ticket per draw, total of 4 tickets per week. But they have all kinds of online games. Got an e mail from ALC with a $10 voucher to try some of the games online, I didn’t bite. Like the Drug dealer that gives you the first high free of charge ??

Ya I expect a rough summer, presuming we are not shut down,
not hard to practice social distancing doing what we do.
But I figure many people and small business won't be spending this summer.

Yaaa.... us, 2m distancing between everybody at ALL times, meaning a lot of tasks have to be post poned (two in a scissor lift, membrane isntall, window install, etc. etc.... ) First time I ever hear by bosses saying that the production was taking the back burner lol ...
All sites that are not in direct contact with the public are fully opened and operational. On all, you have to do a self checking every morning coming through the gate (well, a hired security guard asks you the screening i should say lol) .... If you have any symptoms, go home, met somebody back from a trip, go home, coming back from a trip, go home, have another seasonal thingy, ALSO go home... Insuring everything is done on all jobsite to make sure the workers feel safe.... also all have hand washing stations installed and strick hand washing policy in effect.

Best we can do in these times of crisis ...

Those SSP’s rocked.
I saw them in action in BC and greater Vancouver.
Needed them to deter the expensive Euro sedans back then.
Period, small V8 powered, Chrysler Diplomat, full size LTD, or Caprice general duty patrol cars did not have what it took.
In fact, back then, the highway patrol units also used the smaller and lighter LTD II’s as an interceptor, along with some 350 and 351 powered Caprice’s and LTD’s.
But the SSP was king of the heap.

One guy on traffic section in my detachment used to borrow an SSP from the nearby Freeway patrol section when the opportunity was here.
He was the only one that could because he had been posted to that section before and had received the required Advanced Driver Training specific to operating the SSP’s.
He was from “La belle province” and not much for social or political correctness. A bit of a John Wayne in his own mind.
Not much of a filter before speaking either.
He recounted an anecdote one day about catching a young man in a Corvette or some flashy Euro car, I forget which, but the punch line was that he straight up told the guy “if you’re going to try and outrun me, you better get yourself a better car”!
Proceeded to write the guy his ticket and that was it.
Only He could get away with that kind of comment in North Vancouver.
Us general duty guys serving our community members would have had a public complaint labeled against us if we spoke to the people “paying our wages” that way.

One last gem on SSP’s.
I can’t confirm the accuracy of such a tale because I never witnessed such an act.
I also don’t recall the exact source, but there were urban legends at the time, that on a few quiet late nights, after most were tucked in bed sound asleep and the freeway was clear of traffic, a few bored SSP operators would get together and have little impromptue contests.
Such as the last one to mile marker such and such buys coffee.
This must have been in the name of skills maintenance.
Surely these professionals did not want their special abilities to perish.
And all safety precautions must have been followed, such as the use of lights and sirens...

Ha, the good old days.

We picked up this fairly rare gem on trade last week.
2017, 68000 km.
Very clean.
One of our customers.
We sold it to him and he traded on a new Expedition.
Busy business owner. His travel vehicle.
Construction and Infrastructure business.
Not required to shut down and employees can exercise social distance while working.

DD3517CA-94A1-40C4-97FC-F60B6398E657.jpeg

That’s correct.
He traded with these wheels and winter tires.
He did not wish to part with his OE upgrade beed lock wheels with the original tires when we enquired.
Probably felt he could get better on classifieds than what we were offering him for them.
These are brand new added on by the dealership.

With all that is going on in the world and for likely many here.
I hope people will reach out if they need something.
I am not sure what anyone here can do, but I am sure
if possible someone will help.

Maybe you just need to rant. Stuck at home and just wanna
chat about nothing. Please do, if it helps use the forum to help.

After all even though we are seperated more than ever, we are all in this together.

Day 11 of self-isolation. Have been sitting in the same spot pretty much from feet hitting the floor til head hitting pillow each day. Had cell phone directly wired into the power grid today, as I burning the battery down 2x per day.
Food still in the fridge and eating better than if I was at the office....but not to any access.
A couple of walks to the end of the driveway, as I know neighbors, as good as they are, would be farming out my name and not following requirements if I walked around the block.....
Booze intake down substantially since leaving Florida a week and a half ago....not because of price or access....

With everything that's going, please try to make your days as normal as you can. I can't really go into how much effort is going on behind what you do get to see on the news every day and the measures many in the public service, from first responders to key decision-makers, who are trying to dampen the impact the current situation is causing and to help as many people in as many ways as possible.

Nothing here looking for a pat on the back, or anything like that. Keeping tuned in to the Forum has been probably the most social I've been able to be with people close...even the other cellmate who got jailed on the same day. One of 3 laptops I have running has the forum up....so it's been a great diversion to chat, do some ribbing and share what we all have in common.

Hang in there...we're still on the upswing....

I think it goes without saying, that what so many folks are doing to
make this better or have less impact is incredible.
Even politicians lol.

Front line workers as per normal doing what it takes to get us all home safely.
Doctors, nurses, ambulance staff, fire, police and all the support staff. taking risks to protect us.

To our new hero's, grocery store folks, truck drivers, deliver drivers,
the list is long. Sadly sometimes it takes bad things for us to realize
how much goes into trying to take car of us.

I can't thank everyone personally, but from us all I am sure thank you
to all who make a difference in our daily lives.

Yeah, I think the gov is making sensible recommendations, for once.

I have been more active on MM just due to the time available.

Work has been using MS Teams for video calls and sharing documents. It seems to have been more busy for me that before. I thought the opossite would happen. Maybe because I just type slowly, hunt and peck with two fingers.

Keep your chin up. The sun will come up tommorrow too.

It’s been a weird month. When I decided to become left handed for a bit on February 22nd I thought geeeee this is gonna keep me from doing a lot of things. Little did I know.

Pins come out tomorrow and then back to work if the doctor says I’m good. Back to normal??.....ok the new normal which will hopefully turn into the old normal soon?

Back