Thought of the day.

Bon,
Since I've closed my facebook, the only two pictures i've been able to fetch from this DYI simulator setup are per below. I do have a quick 8 seconds video that i cannot post on here of my friend showing me the gauges working while driving. These pictures dates from when he was my neighbor in Dieppe, since moving back to Tracadie, he did the setup as a 3 screens.
Should he update his computer to today's standards, this thing could be awesome on brand new games (Although I got to say Asseto Corsa is still good for it's age).

IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG

Bon,
Since I've closed my facebook, the only two pictures i've been able to fetch from this DYI simulator setup are per below. I do have a quick 8 seconds video that i cannot post on here of my friend showing me the gauges working while driving. These pictures dates from when he was my neighbor in Dieppe, since moving back to Tracadie, he did the setup as a 3 screens.
Should he update his computer to today's standards, this thing could be awesome on brand new games (Although I got to say Asseto Corsa is still good for it's age).

View attachment 37082
View attachment 37081

That is an awesome setup!!!!

I am using a I Mac 27" screen with 3.4 ghz processor intel core I5, 8gb memory, radeon pro 570 4 gb graphics,
I know nothing about gaming, but building a true race simulator would be cool.
I suspect I would need a dedicated PC for gaming only.
what about controls?
steering, pedals shifter etc?
seat I can get creative.

Ahhh i seeee

custom gaming pc here.
intel core i7-8700k processor, 3.7ghz
16gb of ram
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 xc ultra gaming 8gb graphic card
27´´ asus rog swift pg279q 2k computer screen.
and that was a mid level budgeted build ? (please don’t add the costs lol ?)

for your question on the controller (wheel, pedal, shifter), he bought a used logitech g27 setup (used on amazon right now is $600, but newer models can be found around 350, not sure if they’re as good as was the g27). He also installed a used momo steering wheel (same impreza if i recall ?) on the g27 setup in the picture above.
for the seat he got creative as well with it’s civic seat ? (old fox body seat?cough cough! ?)

disclaimer: one would NOT need as powerful as my pc should they want to run a couple of years old game! A second hand pc build bought used (example of my buddy, bought a custom pc that was four years old from the guy wanted to upgrade) If the pc can actually run the games desired ?

Back