Shelby GT350R

For perspective, these are the tires coming stock on the new Dark Horse.
Very similar to the Cup 2’s but made by Pirelli.
P Zero Trofeo.
They are 180 tread wear rated.

View attachment 71356

View attachment 71357
Hey Marc as you now the Mach have the same tires as the 350( I believe this to be true lol) I may look at getting something that will last a little longer, were I really don’t need a track tire (sport cup 2s) for the street. Would the sport cup be a good alternative to the 2s what about the Pirellis just looking for any suggestion. Seems to be hard to get that specific size specially the rear set but I do believe I could go I little wider in the rear and open up for more options.

I would recommend you shop Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
They make them in your sizes.
305 front and 315 rear.

A good fit for what you are looking for.
Still a good performance tire but 300 tread wear instead of the 180 your OE tires were.
Rubber will last longer than your OE tires.

These have replaced the former excellent Pilot Super Sport tire.
Michelin made it to be more comfortable than the Super Sport, with a slightly softer sidewall.
I’m disappointed in that because I read that the tradeoff is losing a bit of initial bite on turn in. Something a lot of folks would not even notice.
But there really is nothing else in between.
It’s either Cup 2’s or PS4S.

Availability may be low now because we are still in heart of winter tire season but production should ramp up early in new year for spring stock.

Put your order in and be patient.

I’ll check with our parts dept. to see if we have a supplier that may have some.
I’ll update.

I checked and today the 315’s have a bit of stock.
The 305’s are out of stock.

But it doesn’t appear to be a chronic issue.
They may restock fairly quickly after the holidays.

My parts guy said he’d check again after the holiday break.

I’ll update again at the time.
If you want to order from us, we’d be glad to help you out.

If your order ( normal ) sport cup 2's they have about twice the trewad you see on mine,

I melted a set of Fronts at AMP 2nd year, and went to ford to order,
they got it wrong thats when I leanred how big a difference the non spec tire was for my car.
I had to use the fronts or not drive it,

I don't remember the difference in numbers but tread difference was very noticeable .

Another tire I would consider is the Continental extreme contact,
not sure if they have in our sizes, but great reviews

If your order ( normal ) sport cup 2's they have about twice the trewad you see on mine,

I melted a set of Fronts at AMP 2nd year, and went to ford to order,
they got it wrong thats when I leanred how big a difference the non spec tire was for my car.
I had to use the fronts or not drive it,

I don't remember the difference in numbers but tread difference was very noticeable .

Another tire I would consider is the Continental extreme contact,
not sure if they have in our sizes, but great reviews
Trever
What’s the difference from what you ordered they look exactly the same as what I have on the Mach, just wondering

Trying to get all my ducks in order

Marc thanks for the update with all the info

Trever
What’s the difference from what you ordered they look exactly the same as what I have on the Mach, just wondering

Trying to get all my ducks in order

Marc thanks for the update with all the info
to be honest not 100% sure,
other than when ford ordered them they were wrong,
said sport cup 2 on sidewall had most markings the same if I remember right,

I did the reserch and thats when I understood they were spec'd to this car,
I think yours maybe same as mine.
Also Michelin may not even do that anymore,
I can do some snooping after Christmas if you want, I have a friend who works at
Michelin who can check it out.

to be honest not 100% sure,
other than when ford ordered them they were wrong,
said sport cup 2 on sidewall had most markings the same if I remember right,

I did the reserch and thats when I understood they were spec'd to this car,
I think yours maybe same as mine.
Also Michelin may not even do that anymore,
I can do some snooping after Christmas if you want, I have a friend who works at
Michelin who can check it out.
Thanks see what you can find out would be appreciated, my rear sneakers are still not bad but the front ones are gone, i think from the Mods I did and possibly never aligned perfectly, once I removed the lowering springs and Ford could actually get in on the alignment machine late last summer it runs good now, but too late for the front. But I will replace all four at the same time this spring. I may get my money out of the back ones and put some colour in front of the house on the pavement. Lol

I did not fact check and don’t pretend to be an authority but from close observation on Mach 1 HP that spent winter in our showroom 2 years ago, the Cup 2’s that came on that Mach were identical to the shoes on Trevor’s car.

I theorize that when 350’s came out in 2015, the Cup 2 was still a fairly new tire and remember reading that Ford worked with Michelin to develop tires for the Shelbys.

Several years on, not impossible that the Ford formula of the Cup 2 has been adopted as the standard.
Would easily explain why the Mach HP Cup 2’s are seemingly identical to he ones on the 350R’s.

For the regular 350’s, the OE tire was the Pilot Super Sport and sizes are slightly different.
Slightly narrower and slightly taller sidewall.
295-35-19 front and 305-35-19 rear.
As opposed to 305-30-19 and 315-30-19.

March 31 st and I did my spring start up, ohhhhhh the sound :)
quick spinf down the road and back, no salt on road where I keep car,
some parking lots and some areas still cant drive, but I think earliest
I have ever taken out.

Now weather might make so some more salt put down this week,
but hioping I can book alignment and safety soon 😁

Back