Shelby GT350R

I have no intention of selling but this makes me feel good.
A friend of mine was at Mecum auction in Florida.
a 2016 gt350R with 800miles on it.
Sold for a 112,000 US plus 30% in fees.
puts it at about 150k Canadian :)

On side note for us car folks, I am also jealous as he was getting off plane
for a week at Barrett Jackson this morning LOL.

I think this needs to be the guys weekend away next winter.

Although not an R I saw on auto trader some 350s for 68, 72, and 76 K. These seemed low. Am I wrong?

Depends on how it is spec'ed out, but there are deals to be had in Canada on
regular gt350's and IMO set up right an amazing car for the money.

No those prices are about right currently, for the GT350's It's the R that holds the high value, and probably will for years to come. Like it's predecessor, from years back, they always held their price. Here's a 93 Cobra R currently on e-bay..Be interesting to see if the reserve is met in the final hours of bidding..
1606357-34-medium.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-R-/332089275374

If I bought another one, I would not drive it, I would keep it for 6-12 months and sell it.
Likely in the US. If everything stays as it is, I would make $20 to $50K profit.

Hmmm. That profit thing won't work at all and I can tell you why. Single car garage with 2 Mustangs equals a) a new house b) same house with new garage c) both a and b d) another option which will eliminate profit e) one out in the snow

I figure E which is the cheapest option is totally out lol.

I would put in storage, I have a place no cost to me, climate controlled.
For as long as needed :)
I wouldn't even see this car until winter of 2018. So I need to follow its progress and see if value
stays the same, only 2 coming to maritimes in 2018.
so total of 5 in three years.

I see that red 93 R model had bids up to $65,000 on it, but it never met the reserve price.
He re-listed it, and with less than two days left, it's only reached $58,000..It could jump up some still, but you have to wonder if this is a reflection of what the actual market value is. Some people dream their car is worth a bundle, and while it may be to them, that's not always the case with others..

Saw further examples of that on the recent Barrett Jackson auction..Some cars went for a lot less money then the owner had put into them. Some went so low as to be shocking..

The Biggest Price difference at Barrett Jackson I saw, was a cool custom 62 Chrysler Imperial 4 Door. They said the Builder had $700,000 in the build and it sold for $88,000.

The first few days of Barrett Jackson, always shock me, how little some stuff goes for.
Then the last couple days, always shock me, for how much the get LOL.
As they say it only takes two people with money to make an auction.
2 stupid people can make people believe cars are with much more than they are.

Some are solid with growing value, but like anything, you better do your home work.

Gt350 R is going for 90 to 110k US, US dealer price is 67k loaded.
So much depends on US dollar and timing.

True, they are only getting 20-25K over in Canada.
If that happened a fellow would only make about 5k
Canadian profit, instead of 25K. That said
it also rely's on the value for this car remaining
where it is now.

Back