NHL season 2023 / 24

Funny how the media works, Leafs struggling a bit, so TO media, now say of Matthews
gets 70 goals does he automatically get Hart trophy, ahh no its called the Rocket trophy lol

NHL Media, has point system the use for tracking the Hart, not sure its accurate either,
but sounds close,
1- Mackinnon
2- Kuchrov
3- Macdavid
4, I forget

But Matthews currently is not even in top 4
must make To media nuts lol.

NHL Top Players: Nos. 10-1NHL.comhttps://www.nhl.com › nhl-top-players-numbers-10-to-1

Habs, making me crazy, play a good team and its a great game play a poor team and
they find ways to help them win, arrrgggg
they are getting closer, with lots of prospects, few blue chip, should see next year if
that translates to NHL, tons of pic's and next year tons of room under cap

NHL now, is fun, very close races and lots of potential cup stories
including a few Canadian teams, mostly Jets and canucks at this point.

Ottawa Montreal last night. Typical game against a team we should be able to play against this year. Less the stellar performance. We weren't out shot by much...just outplayed. I agree they seem to bring their A game against the top teams we would expect results like last night from.

Ottawa Montreal last night. Typical game against a team we should be able to play against this year. Less the stellar performance. We weren't out shot by much...just outplayed. I agree they seem to bring their A game against the top teams we would expect results like last night from.
They were pretty decent first half of year
500 ish in 3 rd year of rebuild
2nd half season would give you impression they are tanking for Bedard
One first line
Two 4 th lines
And one line shouldn’t even be in NHL
Organization should be embarrassed top to bottom based on last three games along being out scored 19-6

Home early,, tired being out most of night, pissed at Habs, so heres my 2cents for hockey enough fans to read this, agree or disagree hmmm IDC

As a life long Habs fan, I like many are experincing our first rebuild
in team history, I like many a, / was good with this, as MB made a mess of the team
so a rebuild was needed, these typically take 5 years and some seem to never end,
Habs fans seem to be ok, but known for not having doing well with under performing team
I suspect folks are going to want to see growth and results.

Montreal like many teams had a lot of bad money on the books when rebuild started, most of that is gone
and rest to be gone next year, so money should not be an issue going forward, Now they do have a few bad contracts
that could haunt them for a bit. Montreal also has another 22 draft pics this year, along with many great prospects
a few even consdered blue chip prospects, so future NHLers maybe, good trade bait, for sure, lets take a look
at current roster.

Nick Suzuki: Great young player, only see him getting better, more than seeing his contract at good value.

Cole Caulfield : IMO another great signing, this kid is real deal and seems to be learning and adjusting as he goes
Management should be concenred, Caulfield is currently 3 rd best hitter on team, hmmmm

Brendan Gallagher : Had better career than most would have expected, but truly stuggles in todays NHL,
Spends half of each shift falling down, massive defensive liability and a contract of 6,5 million
Will haunt habs for next few years, as barely NHL player, 4th line at best

Josh Anderson: lots of early promise, lets hope this is just bit of an off year, great skater, forechecker and likes to hit.

Joel Armia: Been a tease since the day he arrived, see spots of talent, but no consistency, afarid to hit anything,
Be great if they could trade and get anything.

Tanner Person: done nothing since he got here, not even 4th liner IMO, Maybe just not working in Montreal, trade PLEASE.

Sean Monahan : whats not to like, veteran, relatively cheap, great faceoff guy, lost a bit of a step, likely gone at trade deadline.

Jake Evens: great defensvie player, PK and faceoff guy, but lost something after signing, hmmm sparking used 4th liner.

Harvey Pinard: Lavel legend, 3rd year up to big club and just doens't have it at NHL level IMO Bye Bye

Juraj Slafkosvky Looks lot better this year, taking a bit longer than thought, but I project decent top 6 forward.

Michael Pezzetta : Good forechecking energy guy not much other skill fits in with the 12 other 4th liners montreal has

Jessi Yulion : Don't know but I like this guy, seems smart tough and wicked shot, like to see how he develops

Michael Mathson : Habs number 1 D at times very good at times, makes you want to smash TV, likely really 3-4 D slotting

Jorden Harris: Maybe, Maybe Maybe

David Savard: was great first few years of rebuild, see him struggling to keep up, would be great if got rid of a trade deadline.

Kaiden Guhle: See great potential, but gone a bit to his head, hopeful someone can cgheck hi ego and progress into great D

WiFI: whats not to like, he can play D, hits everything, when needed can fight and very good, solid passer, maybe only
5-6 D pairing, but love to see stick around

Johathan Kovacevic : At times good,others scary bad, 2-3 giveways a game, who knows maybe 6-7 D paring, young bit more time.

Christian Dvorak : cya, bye, you still here?

Alex Newhook: Same as person, never seemed to work here, gets healthy get rid of
Kirby Dach: if he could stay healthy for more than 3 games, I think would be really good fit here.

Jake Allen, Love him, but if you can trade please do.

Cayden Primeau : FIrst time up few years back, I thought he had promice, but I hate to say it, one of those investments
that is not working, Montreal needs to find, draft or trade for a goalie

Sam Montembeault : Been looking pretty good this year, considering, still think hes a 2+ not true #1, hope I am worng.

It’s gone from bad to embarrassing
7-2
Marty saying he feels no pressure this week
Well maybe it’s time someone does
Three years I to rebuild this team is worse than last year, year four next year of rebuild
Be expecting marked improvements
Not going to be happy about leafs style rebuild 10-12 years then rinse repeat
They say 5 years is normal

Back