NHL season 2023 / 24

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Well its that time of year, training camps open
Lots has happened for many times, new players,
changes and most hope a better team, IE: a better result than last year.
Of course, no matter how good or bad you were last year,
today you are equal and can dream big again.

Down side of hockey season, it means car season is slowly winding down :(

So what do you think of this years teams and season to come.=?
How will your team fair this year? Bigest question is always the same
who will win the Cup?

I watched a few of the prospect games streamed from the teams YouTube channels a couple of weeks ago. Lots of talent on the way. Bedard lit the lamp 3 times in his first game with a Chicago jersey on. He will be fun to watch - no so much the rest of the team. He will carry a lot of weight. From what I saw in the juniors he is not one to talk about himself and speaks well for the team so I can see him as a Captain soon.

The preseason games are on so got to see a few of those. Canucks losing 10 : 0 was not pretty but it is early right.... TSN has the Habs tonight vs Ottawa and Friday and Saturday vs the Leafs. Ottawa beat the Leafs in both preseason games. They may make it to post season this year.

Nothing really stands out yet but hey, another good reason to keep the beer fridge running.

Still say you need 2 goalies to make a run. One to stand on their feet and get you to the playoffs and then the other to stand on their head and finish it.

Preseason is close to ending and season gets underway next week.

The sports writers really need some real action to BS about, this making stuff up
is getting out of control. IE: top 50 players, had to be some serious drinking going on as they made up that list.
I know now why they are writers, non of these guys, could build or run a team. :ROFLMAO:

Seeing how many don't write anymore, just 20-30 45 sencind clips of most stuff
I wonder what qualifies as sports writer and how much does it pay.
I know I can BS as good as any of these clowns. like even get smore of it right than they do :D

Well top ten NHL players were relased by the drunk sports writers.
Imagine Auston Matthew was best player in NHL in August according the those same writers,
now hes only top 5, hmmmm

Leafs are projected cup favorites again, Oh right season hasn't started :ROFLMAO:

Bettman swears Arizona will be all good, AGAIN :ROFLMAO:

Expansion talks started, they must need some money.
hmmm Sens sold for 950 million, what can get for an NHL team ?? :unsure:

I will be watching Bedard in his first game. I am a fan of Canadian players as well as any Canadian team even if the US $$$ and low taxes draw our fine talent south. I would do the same. Dreaming of 8 million a year in Florida - sweet deal. Wait. Reality check...Got to go make another peanut butter sandwich and get a beer before the game....That's my game plan tonight.

Well Leafs and Habs start thier season facing each other.
Obviously they are working from the opposite end of the spectrum.

Leafs a playoff team, wanting to win devision and take a serious run at playoffs.
thier regular season paly has not been any issue, so likely learning to play right
should be their biggeest goal, so playoffs start they can play that kind of hockey,
let see how that goes.

Habs, 28th last year, in full rebuild starting full 2nd year, one of youngest teams in
NHL, with few new young faces looking to grow, improve and play consistently better
Results will follow, but likely no one in hockey world thinks they have a shot at playoffs but them
and they won't say it, Past Carey Price, Shea Weber, so new leaders and lots of room for growth.

I expect a decent job, time will tell, for me if you see groth in young player,s playing hard
I think decent results, regardless of where they finish will be good, as long as we see positive
steps forward.

Tonights game, funny as both tema s have huge rivalry and regardless of outcome its game one.
Should be fun to watch as both teams test out new plays, lines and get the bugs out.
I do love that Keef gave Montreal white board material first game

"unacceptable to lose to these Habs"
now read that anyway you want, but you can bet coaches are saying, see guys
they think they won already, you guys shouldn't even be ice with these stars
I love this stuff, who knows what will happen, but that made it
bit harder on leafs players :)

I like reading the sports page every morning and evening,
I follow alot of sports. In the winter NHL being main one.

I was right its going to be a long year. Toronot Sports network and
Sportsnet Toronto, basically only cater to one team the leafs
I know the owners of the leafs, also own these to stations.

As a sports fan, this sucks, because there is no other major
coverage of sports in this country. Typcially for racing,
I go directly to other countries coverage, as both of these networks do a poor job

I was right when I said its going to be a long year, Cabada use to be faous for objective reporting,
well they are now more a homer network than any I have seen or read in the last 4 decades.
Likely not getting better anytime soon.

Could be a good venture for someone with deep pockets, I can't be the only sports fan
who wants fair and straight up reporting and analysis :unsure:

Game 3 for Montreal and they played horrible.
I get they are going through a rebuild, and I can live with the losing,
while they do this, but to play like shit is unacceptable.:mad:

Montreal alos had more missed guys last year due to injuries
well losing Dach in game two after surgery for ACL / TCL
Hope it goes well, knee's are never 100% sure how it turns out,
Cya next year. :(

Back