NHL 2021

Jason your partially right about Leafs, but those same folks feeding TO fans the blue cool aid
are the same ones saying no pressure in Montreal, really ya think so, maybe not on TSN or sportsnet,
but on every french station and paper and talk show in quebec, expectations are always high.

It has been said Montreal is by far the toughest market to play including TO. I am a habs fan
but some fans are rabid. Leafs fans are their own worst enemy, we all want our teams to win
but Leaf fans put the blinders on about 10 games in and plan the parade every year, sometimes in August.
Temper your expectations, because reality is, even if they were half as good as media and leafs fans beleive
does not guarantee a cup, one of the hardest trophys in sports to win,

Ok the Team, Bill Belichick says it best, in cap era teams that spend all their money on a few player's will
never win a championship to strong in one area creates weakness in another, regular season they will shine
spread games over some weaker talent, they look amazing, but when those teams are gone, intensity goes up
these weaknesses show up. I suspect he knows a bit about winning. :)

SHanny beleive in Dubas analytics, but analytics don't play the game people do and they don't always do what your computer sayd
they should LOL. IMO Toronto is to top heavy with players afraid to engage, this is hard to teach and a few tough guys on bottom
6 don't solve this, as they mature maybe it gets better and they win a few games, question how many years, 3, 4 ,5
hmmm Look at it, tavares 33, 3 years left for matthews, hmmmm me thinks one should look at this.

TO fans are screwed, because your leaders beleive they are fine, so nothing changes. Definition of insanity,
keep doing same thing, expecting different results :) Personally as a Habs fan, I like this as bad MB is
TO is worse, they got a 50 goal scorer and a 100 point man who in playoffs are useless, this should provide
great entertainment for me, for years to come :)

Montreal is toughest market to play in.
Hockey is not a game there, it’s more of a religion or cult.
Without the Nordics it galvanizes all of French Canada.
RDS being the mother church’s prayer channel.

TSN has “That’s Hockey” a show about hockey and Canadian NHL teams in general.
RDS has “L’Antichambre” a show dedicated to the Canadians, its players and their activities.
And they make no apologies for it.
A panel of native Quebecers with NHL experience talking, arguing, analyzing, arm chair coaching and predicting on their National team.

Yup, you read right, National team.
Whereas Quebec has strong nationalism with the separatist movement.
The Habs are that nation’s team.

As Trevor says, every newspaper in the province, every newscast or weather forecast pulls for them and has questions and opinions.

English Canada has the Weather Channel which is national in scope and not much about sports.

Quebec has Meteomedia which caters only to Quebec, and they are Canadians fans and will talk about it on air.

Living in northern NB and being able to follow french and Quebec media, I could go on and on.

The Montreal players are under the microscope and public eye way more than any other team in the league.

TO could be second but it’s not Montreal.

I lived in Ontario for a bit and I can remember in the summer
the odd Article though and given week about the Leafs,
it rarely turns off, but not fully on crazy.

Was In Montreal one summer and Picked up the paper
full page articles daily all summer long, it never takes a break or stops.

I beleive the real hockey markets are all tough to play in, but when doing well
the reward is huge, but there is nothing like the Habs for scrutiny.
Good or bad.

It will be interesting to see how both teams play after this.
I agree could be quite interesting, but both teams have a lot to lose to get silly.
Also neither team really has a thug on it, tough hard hitting yes, few guys who will fight if required sure.
But someone they can send out to be a bully NO. and not sure Montreal wants to take a penalty like that
to prove a point.

He got his suspension and if Habs are smart a few other players missing ( injuries) try and take advantage and win game.

Back